⇜Chapter 31⇝

“Sasukeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!”, I screamed his name as I helplessly watch Shiro tear his left sharingan from its sockets. I screamed at the top of my lungs but Sasuke’s scream was even louder. His reflected the pain that he’s experiencing. He brought his hand where his left eye used to be. I can see blood just sipping in between his fingers, dripping down his arm and to the floor beneath his feet, where it collected into a small pool of blood.

            Everyone was stunned. Speechless.

            Shiro looked at the sharingan he’s holding in his hand. It’s wet with blood and it felt a little warm. He’s not sure whether or not it’s supposed to feel warm or it was just the blood that feels warm. Or maybe he’s just imagining it.

            He began to lightly move his hand, gently letting the eye slide left and right, and careful not to let the eye fall off of it. He seemed rather amused at what he’s holding. A moment later, we saw a smile forming on his lips which later turned into laughter. An amused, satisfied and devilish laughter.

            I fell on my knees as I watch Shiro laugh. I was just absolutely horrified and in disbelief that this was happening. Sasuke lost his eye! And if he doesn’t get a hold of himself, soon he might just…

            No!...no!

            I shook my head and held it with both hands, trying to shake off the unwanted thought.

            “Oooiiii! Sasuke! Wake up. What are you doing letting that monster take your sharingan? He doesn’t deserve it. The sharingan belongs to YOU”, I heard Naruto shout. But I didn’t look up. Instead, I shut my eyes tight, trying to escape the painful reality.  

            “Ooii! Sasukeee! You are an Uchiha, aren’t you? Take it back. Take your sharingan back! Sas…” Naruto’s words trailed off when Kuro suddenly punched him in the face, sending him flying about 12 feet. He landed badly and hit his head on the wooden floor, almost knocking him unconscious.

            “Don’t forget about me, you moron”, Kuro said while he looks at Naruto. Then his eyes shifted to see his partner looking like he has lost his mind.

            Shiro continued to laugh. At one point, he was holding his muscular belly as if he couldn’t breathe from laughing so hard. After what seemed to be an endless scene of Shiro losing his sanity, he finally calmed down and the laughter died.

            “Finally. Finally, I have the sharingan.” Shiro chuckled. “I didn’t think that it would be this easy”, he said then lightly laughed.

            “Oi. Give that back”, says Naruto who is now trying to stand. “That eye belongs to Sasuke. Ugly stupid monsters like you don’t have a right to have a sharingan.”

            Shiro just laughed.

            “A right you say? What made you think that Sasuke has a right to have a sharingan?”

            “He’s an UCHIHA you moron!”

            “He’s a freak! That’s what he is! You accused me of being a monster. Hah! If I am indeed one, then the Uchihas are worse. They’re creations of hell. Especially that kid and his criminal of a brother”, Shiro shouted, pointing his finger at the still bleeding Sasuke.

            “Don’t say such things about Itachi-san and Sasuke. Itachi-san was not a criminal. He was a hero!”

            “Hah! A hero ha? You make me laugh. You idiotic brat. Someone like you doesn’t even deserve to be called a ninja. You have no brain and you’re weak on you’re own. The only reason why you can fight is because of that monster inside you.”

            No one spoke.

            “Yeah, that’s right. I know about you’re tailed fox, too. I had to since you seem to always stick yourself with that Uchiha brat.”

            “That Uchiha brat that you call a freak is MY dear friend. And I will never forgive you for insulting him and the memory of his brother.”

            Naruto run and attacked Shiro. He landed a hard punch on Shiro’s face but the latter barely moved a step back. Naruto gave him another punch and another and another until blood sprayed from his nose and mouth. But Shiro just laughed which made Naruto lose his temper. The young ninja is easily frustrated especially when he doesn’t understand what’s going on, just like now. He doesn’t understand why Shiro wants the sharingan. He doesn’t understand why he hates Sasuke. And why he’s laughing even when Naruto’s beating the crap out of him. Come to think of it, Shiro’s not even fighting back nor defending himself. He just lets Naruto punch him over and over.

            What’s going on? What’s up with this man?, Naruto asks himself. He continued to punch Shiro until finally, the latter blocked his punch with his hand. Shiro then returned Naruto’s punch, sending the younger ninja to a corner where he pinned Naruto to the floor with his chakra arrow.

            “The sharingan with its power. It should belong to someone with a purpose.”

           “What kind of purpose do you intend to use it for? To gain wealth? Power? Is that what you call a purpose?”, shouts Naruto, although in pain.

            “Hugh! Don’t be so quick to judge. This is all for my village…and for her”, says Shiro who then stared at the full moon that can be seen from the hole on the roof, seeming to be reminiscing something from his past.

                                                     -----------------------

Next time: A glimpse from Shiro's past. What could be the reason why he wanted to have a sharingan?