bonus chapter: Chapter 38 alternative ending

Author's Note: This was the original ending to chapter 38 that I wrote but decided to edit it. I tried thinking way ahead of the story to see if I could still stir it back to the original plot and still make sense. But I decided that it is still a little early for Mika and Sasuke's relationship to go this way right now, so I edited this part. However, I still want to share this with you all. As always, your comments will be very much appreciated and I can't wait to hear your opinion about this alternative ending. Enjoy.

                                                                                         ********

            “Sasuke, please—if this is your way of punishing me…”

            “Who said I was punishing you?” he said, then I felt him tasted my neck. I jerked as I felt his warm mouth on my skin. Sasuke stood straight but didn’t let me go. I met his eyes this time.

            “Then what are you doing?”

            He stared at me a moment longer before he answered.

            “Didn’t I already say it earlier?”

            I frowned, a little lost.

“Said what?”

“You’re mine,” he replied then proceeded to kiss me again. This time I wasn’t able to resist his kisses anymore. I was so happy to hear him say that he wanted me to be his woman. It was overwhelming.

I pushed Sasuke a little when I felt his kisses became more passionate. I needed to breathe and I was glad that he let me. I opened my mouth to tell him not to kiss me too long but he took that opportunity to slide his tongue in my mouth. I was surprised at the overwhelming feeling it brought me. I responded to his kisses and before I knew it, I was drowning in it. I clung on his neck and allowed his hand to go wherever it wanted. A moment later, I felt him lifting me and he carried me to the nearby bed. He put me down on it gently and before I could protest, he was on top of me, kissing me. I brought my arms around him, ready to give him whatever he pleased to take. Sasuke must have realized it because it didn’t take another minute before he started to undress me. I felt quite embarrassed being naked before his eyes.

“Please don’t stare,” I asked him when it seemed like he wasn’t planning on taking his eyes off of my nakedness any time soon. Sasuke obeyed. He went back on top of me, kissed my forehead before he continued where he left off. He was being so gentle so I allowed him to do whatever he pleased. We were both panting when he was done and we both laid naked under the sheets. I let myself catch my breath before I got up and out of the bed with one of the sheets wrapped around my body.

“Where are you going?” he asked. I was gathering my clothes from the floor.

“Back to our quarters.”

“You’re not staying here with me?”

“I can’t. Ino will ask questions if she wakes up in the morning and I’m not in my bed,” I answered while having a hard time putting my clothes on without completely exposing myself to him. Sasuke didn’t reply. He just watched me get dress. I went to the door and opened it after I was done but didn’t go out right away.

“Good night,” I said to him. He simply nodded in response. I checked to see if there was someone outside before I went out and closed the door behind me. I carefully navigated the halls until I reached the room which Ino and I was sharing. I slowly opened the door, careful not to wake Ino up, and tip toed to my bed. I pulled the sheets up to my chest and smiled at the thought of Sasuke. I slept that night with him in my mind.