⇜Chapter 54⇝

“There’s still time to back out, princess. You can still come with me. Run away with me,”Sasuke said with all seriousness.

            Those words came like a million bombs. I couldn’t believe what I just heard. At one moment I actually thought that maybe I heard him wrong. Maybe I was feeling too damn insecure of Misuko’s beauty and how good she looked standing next to Sasuke that I imagined Sasuke saying the worst things imaginable.

            “Wha—what did you just say?” I asked sounding and looking like I truly wasn’t sure what I just heard.

            Sasuke shifted his gaze from Misuko to me and replied.

            “I asked her to run away with me,” he said looking dead serious.

            I couldn’t speak. I was just staring back at him looking too damn awed by his offer. I didn’t know if I should scream, yell at him, punch him in the face, kick him between his legs or just freaking kill him! Didn’t he just tell me not even an hour ago that he wanted me? That he chose me? That he couldn’t let another man have me? So why the freakin’ hell was he asking another woman to run away with him?

            My mouth opened slightly but no word came out. Princess Misuko’s eyes were shifting back and forth between me and Sasuke, awkwardness written all over her face, while all those questions were running through my head. Our friends were probably in the same state but I didn’t even think about checking the look on their faces. My mind was busy processing what Sasuke said. I felt like I wanted to cry but I couldn’t. And I wanted to do all these hurtful things to him but I didn’t know where to start. But one thing was for sure…I freaking hate my lying boyfriend!

            With all the rage that was building up inside me combined with the sheer embarrassment of hearing my boyfriend asked another woman to run away with him IN FRONT OF ME AND AN AUDIENCE, my hand balled in a tight fist. I took one step towards Sasuke and punched him in the face as hard as I could, sending him flat on his back. Then I marched to the door and slammed it hard behind me leaving everyone with their mouth opened.

            Sasuke sat up and gently rubbed the ride of his mouth with was what made direct contact with my fist. He grimaced a little when he felt the pain and the warm, crimson liquid from the small cut that my fist made. He looked surprised while staring at his blood-stained finger and then he looked at everyone in the room with inquiring eyes.           

            “What? What did I do?” asked Sasuke looking all confused. Everyone looked so dumbfounded and couldn’t answer his stupid question. So Sasuke turned to Princess Misuko for answers.

           “Sorry, Sasuke-kun. But I’m with Mika on this one. I would have punched you, too, if I was her,” Misuko said.

            Sasuke’s forehead wrinkled. He’s clearly not understanding what was going on.

            “You better go and find Mika. You have a lot of explaining to do, Uchiha,” Misuko added when Sasuke remained in the same position, still looking confused. Sasuke stood up and took a step towards the door. But he stopped and faced Misuko as if he forgot something.

            “What do I have to explain?” he asked.

            Princess Misuko’s eyes slightly narrowed in an obvious bewilderment.

            “You don’t really know what you did wrong, do you?”

            Sasuke shook his head slowly in response, looking like he finally realized how much trouble he was in but still couldn’t figure out what for.