⇜Chapter 21⇝

I met with the boys at the south entrance. They were already there waiting when I got to the gate. It’s still five minutes before the agreed meeting time so I didn’t apologize. I know I wasn’t late.

            “Shall we go?”, I asked them as soon as I was close enough for them to hear me.

            “Aren’t you eager to get killed?”, Sasuke said in an obvious sarcastic tone. I ignored him.

            “Not everyone’s here yet”, Shika said.

            I looked at who’s here: Shika, Naruto and Sasuke. Everyone at the meeting earlier are here. So who’s missing?

            “Who are we waiting for?”

            As if answering my question, a girl arrived and joined our group.

            “I made it in time. Yokatta (I’m glad)”, she said while catching her breath. She was obviously in a hurry to get here. Maybe because she got a late notice that’s why she needed to rush. The new arrival is a beautiful blonde girl. She’s very petite but she looks strong as one would expect from a kunoichi or a female ninja. Her long, silky hair is tied in a pony tail. Her belly button is exposed as well as her long, slender legs that cannot be hidden by her tiny purple outfit.

            “Thank you for being here in time even with a short notice.”

            “No problem, Shika-kun. We haven’t been in a mission together lately so I’m excited to work with you again”, she replied then gave Shika a smile. Shika gave her a very modest smile in return.

            “Mika. I don’t believe you have met my good friend and team mate yet.”

            I shook my head in response.

            “This is Ino. She and I grew up together and our families share a special bond, as well as the Akamichi clan. She will be our team’s most important member, the medical ninja.”

            “I see. It’s nice to meet you, Ino-chan.”

            Ino gave me a smile.

            “It’s nice to meet you, too. I’ve already heard about you from Shikamaru-kun. I’m glad to finally meet you, mistress.”

            I gave her a shy smile. I really can’t get used to people calling me mistress.

“Shall we go?”, Sasuke asked. Everyone nodded then started heading out of the village. We were bid farewells and goodlucks by the entrance guards as we walk pass the guard post. Ino leaned closer to me and told me something discreetly.

            “Oh and by the way, don’t worry about me. I’ve always had a big crush on Sasuke-kun but I have given up on him a long time ago. You can have him”, she said, gave me a smile then walked faster to catch up with the young men who are all walking a few steps ahead of us.

            “Ahm…I…”, I tried to start telling her that I’m not really interested in Sasuke but I wasn’t able to because she left me right away to walk with the men. All I’m able to do is sigh and walk faster to catch up with them. How did she know about my feelings for Sasuke? Am I that transparent? Does…Sasuke know? Did he notice it, too? Is that why he hates me? I mean he seems to hate girls who aren’t discreet about their admiration towards him. It seems to disgust him or something. But am I really that obvious? I am trying my best not to let it show. Hell, I’m not even sure if I really like Sasuke or not. I mean he’s cool and gorgeous but he’s one hell of a jerk, too.