⇜Chapter 16 ⇝

NOTE: Chapters 16 and 17 would be short, I apologize.

                          ********************************************************************

            Shikamaru opened the big door of the Kohona Hospital for me. When we were inside, he led the way to the medical ninja that I’m going to see today to give me another treatment. It’s been a full week now since Tsunade gave me a good beating and today is when I finally get my injuries fully healed. The next few days after my first “training”, I trained with Kakashi and Shikamaru. Well, actually I didn’t train, I warmed up. Yes, that’s all I could do for a week. But can anyone blame me? I didn’t grow up training to become a ninja like them. I rarely even exercise. Besides, that warm up is already like a real training. It’s so intense. Honestly the real training scares me. I mean if the warm up is already intense, I wonder how hard will the real training be? It might just kill me! But whatever. I just need to take it one day at a time, I guess, and let my body get used to it like Kakashi said.

            Kakashi and I weren’t able to get another chance to talk about the legend again. I’m still a little shock and overwhelmed with the realization that I may actually be the key to whether or not the ninja world would continue to exist. That big of a responsibility is more than one teenage girl could handle.

            Shikamaru knocked on the door of one of the treatment rooms in the third floor of the hospital. He gently opened it when we heard a voice saying that we can come in and he led me inside. Waiting inside is a young medical ninja about the same age as me and Shika. She has big beautiful eyes, slender body and silky, pink hair that flow to her shoulders. I know her. She’s the same girl that I saw walking with Sasuke in the market last week. Sakura Haruno. The Hokage’s apprentice.

            “Hi Sakura. My friend here needs to have her injury treated”, Shika told Sakura who couldn’t seem to help but stare at me as soon as she saw me. He tried to get her attention when she didn’t move.

            “Sakura?”

            “Ahm, yes I know. Tsunade-sama told me about her.”

            Silence. Sakura stared at me for another moment before motioning me to the bed. I couldn’t read her face so I don’t know what she’s thinking right now. Honestly, she’s annoying me. And it’s not just because I’m jealous.

            “Shikamaru-kun, please wait for her outside.”

            Shika nodded and left us. Sakura then told me to lie on my stomach, warned me that the treatment would hurt, then started treating my rib injury. It took about 20 minutes. I was on edge the whole time because, well, let’s just say she wasn’t kidding when she said it’s going to hurt. I was relieved when it was over.

            Sakura pulled the white curtain to give me privacy while I put my bra and t-shirt back on. I feel like she’s still staring at me, though, even if there’s a curtain separating us.

            “Is there anything that you want to ask me? Anything that you want to say?”, I asked. I didn’t hear her answer until I was done putting my t-shirt on. I stayed behind the wall of curtain, still sitting on the bed.

            “You…Sasuke-kun…Tsunade-sama said that Sasuke-kun saved you.”

            “Yes. He did.”

            “He took you to our village.”

            “He did.”

            “He took care of you….he…almost killed two anbus to save you…and…”

            “Did Tsunade-sama also say that Sasuke tried to kill me twice?”, I asked with anger in my tone. I can’t believe this girl is actually jealous of me. So what if Sasuke saved me in the forest? He also tried to kill me after. So what if Sasuke took me to Konoha with him? He did it because I was his prisoner. Yes, he saved me from those anbu ninjas but he…he’s also been ignoring me since then. The only time that he talked to me was to insult me. Should Sakura, or anyone else for that matter, feel jealous of me?

            I stood and harshly pulled the curtain that separate us to reveal the jealous girl with her head down. She slowly turned her head to look at me. There’s sadness and jealousy written all over her pretty face. But there’s also something else. A resolution. She has resolved to…

            “I’m not giving Sasuke-kun up to you or anyone. You may be the girl of the legend but….Sasuke-kun…we’ve been friends since we’re little and I…I’ve been loving him since then.”

            Great! A confession from Sasuke’s biggest fangirl.

            I can’t believe this girl. Does she think that it’s her privilege to be with him just because they’ve been friends since childhood? And since when did Sasuke see her as his friend anyway?

            “Don’t worry. I won’t fight you for the biggest jerk in this village. He’s all yours”, I said then marched to the door. I slammed it behind me and started walking towards the stairs. I saw Shika waiting by the door but I didn’t bother to stop to wait for him. He was surprised by my anger, I could tell. He tried to catch up with me when he recovered from the surprise.

            “Hey, what happened? Why are you mad?”

            I didn’t answer.

            “Mika.” He grabbed my arm to stop me from walking but he took care not to hurt me. But I still exploded in anger.

            “What happened? I just got myself an unnecessary rival, that’s what happened”, I said in a loud, angry voice then I yanked my arm from his grip and continued to march out of the hospital. Shika was surprised, again. He looked at the door of the room where I left Sakura and then at the direction that I took. He sighed, not knowing what to do, and scratched his head.

            “This is such a pain.”