⇜Chapter 51⇝

Author's note: Finally, I finished chapter 51. I did NOT edit this so sorry for the mistakes. This wasn't my original plan for this chapter. But somehow, while writing this, it just turned out the way it is. My imagination just led me to eah scene and ended up with this chapter.

         I just got a job and also started several stories (not written in English). So updates will be SUPER SLOW from now on. If you're wondering why I even started new stories eventhough I haven't even finished writing Lost In His World, well it's because I kept coming up with interesting plots. Also, I am aiming to become a published writer (in my native country) and writing stories is a good training for me.

            Anyway, I hope you al enjoy this chapter. Comments and votes are always very much appreciated. ^__^

            “If you want Zero…you’re going to have to kill me first,” I uttered with anger quickly building up inside me.

            Sasuke stared back at me. His forehead wrinkled as if he’s matching every bit of anger I had in me.

 “Stay out of this, Mika,” he ordered.

“NO! I am not going to let you kill Zero,” I replied, determined.

Sasuke gritted his teeth. He clearly didn’t like my answer.

“I’ll ask you one last time, Sasuke. Let Zero go or you’re going to have to fight me to get to him.”

Sasuke didn’t reply. He just looked at me, seeming to study the truth behind my words.

“Why are you protecting him?” Sasuke asked.

“I already told you…I believe in Zero…And I…Sasuke I don’t want you to…”

“Stop!” he interrupted. His voice reflected his displease over my answer. Sasuke clenched his fist and shut his eyes tight. As if he was in pain. “I don’t want to hear anymore of your reasons. I’ve heard enough. You chose him…”

Sasuke slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. For a split second he seemed rather…hurt. But then whatever it was that I saw in his eyes was gone. As if it was never there in the first place. And he was back to his usual self. Emotionless. Cold and unreadable.

Did I just imagine it?

“Sa-suke?”

A black, circular energy appeared in front of Sasuke’s chest right where his heart was. It was darker than the darkest night and it seemed alive. It crawled out of Sasuke’s chest as if it was coming from deep inside his heart. In just a few seconds it revealed its true form. A crow. It owned a sharingan on either side of its head. The crow spread its wings and gave a chilling scream as soon as it gained its full body. I didn’t know what Sasuke was planning but hearing that scream alone was enough to make my newly found bravery crumble to pieces.

The crow flew like a speeding fighter plane towards me and Zero. Feeling more and more nervous, I braced myself for its arrival. I stomped my foot and the ground instantly rose high in front of me, shielding me and Zero from the raging crow. I didn’t know I could do it. I wasn’t aware of what elements I could control. But at that moment, I wanted to control whatever I had around me. I acted on instinct, one could say.

Suddenly, I felt a surging energy inside me. It was making my body warm and fueling my desire to defeat Sasuke’s crow.

My wooden wall exploded into thousands of pointed pieces and I saw the crow flying in the middle of it all! My eyes widened upon realizing what just happened. But I acted quickly. I used the snow this time and created an ice wall. That, too, was no match for the crow. The ice wall shattered and the crow continued to make its way to its target: the man behind me. Every inch of distance that it covered scared me more and more. It was making me desperate. I couldn’t allow it to reach Zero! NO! That would make Sasuke a murderer. And I couldn’t allow him to be one. I care so much about him to let that happen.