⇜Chapter 5⇝

I was woken up by Naruto before there was light and we had a hearty breakfast which consisted of left-over meat and bread from last night’s dinner and some tea made from some leaves that I am not familiar with. The tea tasted a little bitter but it was nice to drink something hot so I finished my share. After we ate everyone got ready to move and started heading north. The young men took turns in carrying me on their backs while jumping from tree to tree. It really amazes me how strong these men are, especially Naruto who was the smallest of the group. He’s not that small, he’s pretty average in size but for him to carry a 115 lbs girl on his back while continuously jumping from tree to tree and not slipping even once is unfatomable.

           Our small group continued to move throughout the morning, stopping only to relieve ourselves or have a drink. By noon, we have already travelled about 30 miles. Pretty incredible considering we are only travelling by foot. We stopped briefly to have lunch, rested for about 10 minutes or so and started moving further North. By mid-afternoon the trees started to look smaller and smaller and before I knew it, I was on the ground with the men.

           I looked around. We are standing on a dirt road wide enough to fit a small size car. There are trees and shrubs on both sides and I could hear birds chirping.

           “Why did we stop?”, I asked curiously.

          “Look ahead”, Shika replied.

           I followed his instruction and looked ahead where the road is leading to. I see something up ahead. I could barely make up what it is because it’s still pretty far and the sun is blinding me. I squinted to hopefully get a clearer image of whatever it is that I’m looking at.

          “Is that….”

          “Home”, Sasuke said then started walking towards it. The rest of our group followed. I’ve always wondered what the Leaf Village would look like in real life so I felt some excitement at the thought of actually looking at the village. Well, the walls of it.

           “Ne, miss, let’s go. The village is waiting for us”, I heard Naruto shouted enthusiatically. I didn’t realize how far they have walked already. I run towards them to catch up.

            We walked for a good 15 or 20 minutes before we actually reached the gate of the village. It’s huge! The two doors that normally block the way in are both pushed open but there are about 4 men guarding the gate. All guards are wearing the typical ninja uniform that you see on Naruto manga with head protectors worn on their foreheads, parading the symbol of the Leaf.

            “Welcome back Naruto-kun, Shikamaru-kun, Sasuke-kun”, greeted all the guards. The men acknowledged them by giving them a smile except Sasuke who barely nodded.

           “Who do you have with you?”

            Naruto answered but was cut-off mid sentence by Sasuke. “A frie…”

           “A prisoner.”

           All eyes shifted to me with shock clearly written on them. I, too, was shocked. So I’m not a guest here? I’m a prisoner? I thought they brought me here to help me go home?

           My mouth dropped open. I couldn’t utter a word. But Sasuke just casually walked away, leaving us all speechless.

           “Oi, Sasuke. She’s not a prisoner. She’s a guest. A guest”, Naruto “reminded” the arrogant man in a loud voice, while running towards him. He kept talking like a teenage girl with exaggerated hand gestures. He’s very animated while Sasuke was too formal.  

           “Don’t worry. You’re not a prisoner. Or at least for now you’re not”, says Shika.

           I know he was trying to make me feel better but his honest words didn’t change anything for me. I’m still worried as hell.

            “Tsunade-sama is a very reasonable woman. She’ll help you out for sure”, he added. Then he reached out and offered his right hand to me. “Come on. We’ll all go see the Hokage.”

            I nodded and took his hand.

            As we were walking to where the Hokage is I keep looking around. It’s exactly like how it is in the manga. So it really feels like I am IN the manga. When we turned on a corner I saw the huge faces of the five  Hokages curved on the mountain wall. They are really huge! I know they are supposed to be huge but I never really imagined how huge they are until now that I’m looking at them.

            “Those are our Hokages. The greatest ninjas of our village”, mentions Shika who is looking straight. I nodded and said, “Yeah. I know.”

             He automatically looked at me. I can clearly see the surprise look in his face. There’s also something else….worry? No! Fear! He’s…..afraid? Why?

            A struck of realization hit me.

             “Oh God”, I said in a low voice. “Ahm…how can I explain this?”

             Good question. How can I explain it all? I mean, it’s very understable how he could be surprised and a little scared of me. We just met yesterday! For all he and his friends know I don’t know anything about them aside from their names and the fact that they saved me from those freaky men from yesterday. Of course it will sound weird and freaky that I know their Hokages, right? But it’ll sound even freakier if I tell Shika how I knew them. I mean, I can’t just tell him that it’s because they are all characters from a popular manga/anime! And everything in that manga seems to be very accurate so far. Who here would ever believe that?

             “Ahm….” Before I could say another word, Shika has already grabbed my arm, turned me around and bind me with something. I don’t exactly know what he’s using to bind me because I don’t seem to see anything except for a glow around my body. Most likely a jutsu of some sort. It’s tight. I couldn’t move an inch.

           “What’s going on?”, I heard Sasuke asked. I didn’t notice him and Naruto coming.

           “She said she knows the Hokages.”

            Sasuke looked at me intently for a minute and said, “I knew it.” With a graceful, fast movement, he formed a jutsu on his right hand, which I very well recognized. Chidori! His chidori quickly shaped into a sword sharp enough to cut into anything and everything. Before I could blink, he raised his right hand and begun to lower it towards me, seeming to aim at my heart.