⇜Chapter 19 ⇝

Blood surged from Sasuke’s chest the moment the ice-covered sword pierced through his heart. He’s surprised by what happened. That I can see through his eyes. Blood also came out of the side of his mouth and his eyes returned to normal. I could feel his energy draining. I know the ice that’s melting inside his body is doing damage. His skin is becoming pale and I could sense how much he’s in pain. I should be celebrating. I beat the great Sasuke Uchiha. The biggest jerk I’ve ever known in my life! But somehow…I feel…sad. The thought that I could possibly kill him is becoming more and more unbearable.

            Sasuke’s knees begun to shake and his body begun to shiver. It’s the ice. It’s dropping his body temperature fast which is dangerous for any human. Before I could think of what to do, his body slowly fell back, leaving me with just the sword on my hands. Sasuke fell on his back on the grass-covered ground, his blood quickly painting it red. He took a big gulped of air as he struggles to fight through the pain and stay alive.

            “S-Sasuke.”

            He begun to convulse which made me panic.

            “Oh my god! Sasuke!”

            I dropped the broken sword and rushed to his side. This is bad. What I did could really kill him! I need to do something to slowly raise his temperature back to normal. But I’m panicking and I can’t concentrate. And Sasuke! He’s….he’s dying! His pulse is getting weaker and weaker and his breaths are getting shallower and shallower.

             “Oh my god. No! I’m sorry, Sasuke. Please don’t die on me”, I begged, as if his life depends on it. I know he hurt me. And he hurt me many times. But I can’t bear the fact of possibly losing him. He can’t die. He just can’t.

            To my surprise, Sasuke sat up! He’s struggling when sitting up and he’s still panting heavily while he has his hand on his chest. But he’s….not bleeding!

            “Sa---Sasuke?”

            He looked at me, still panting heavily.

            “Are----are you alright?”

            He still didn’t answer. He just continued to look at me while still catching his breath. Then he suddenly grabbed his chest and closed his eyes tight in pain.

            “Aahhh!”

            “Sasuke!”

            I automatically grabbed him on his shoulders, worry is reflecting on my eyes.

            “Get away from me”, he said in a low voice.

            “Sasuke….you overdid it”, I heard Kakashi say.

            I turned my head to look at him and Shikamaru. They’re both on the ground, panting hard. But they seem fine.

            What’s going on?

            “Tsukuyomi, really? That’s low even for you, Sasuke-kun”, complains Shika who let himself lay on ground. He’s completely exhausted.

            “Both of you shut up. Next time, do your job right so I wouldn’t have to step in.”

            I looked at Sasuke. Their conversation is confusing me. What does he mean by stepping in?

            Sasuke got up slowly. I helped him but he pushed my arms away.

            “Now that you were able to defend yourself from me, will you go home?”, he said, stared at me for a second then slowly walked away. I was left speechless. After everything that just happened all he could think about now is me going home? Is he really that desperate to see me gone?