⇜Chapter 11 ⇝

Shikamaru was at my front door at exactly 7 in the morning. It’s really early for me. I don’t usually get up this early in the morning except for school because I’m not really a morning person. But I woke up before the sun even rose this morning. Well it’s more like I stayed up until sunrise. I couldn’t sleep at all last night. Maybe it’s because I’m in a place completely new to me. Or maybe because I’m so anxious about today. Shikamaru said that I’ll get my answer today. I wonder where he’s taking me.

            “Ahm, ano…where are we going?”, I asked, trying not to show my nervousness. We are walking towards somewhere. He didn’t tell me where he’s taking me. He just told me earlier to follow him and I did. I guess I should have asked him first before I followed. I mean who knows I might be following him to my own death!

            “We’re going to see the Hokage”, he said casually. My heart beats faster. “Oh and the village’s elders”, he added. That made me even more nervous, if that’s even possible. What are they going to tell me? Why do I have to speak to the most important and highest ranking officials of the village? Are they going to give me my sentence? Oh God, if they are I hope they just vanish me from this cursed island. That should be enough right? No need to actually kill me.

            My knees weakened at the thought of possibly being killed. They failed to hold my weight as a result and I fell on the hard ground.

          “Ouch!” I exclaimed as my knees hit the ground. It’s a good thing we’re walking on dirt but it still hurts.

            “Are you okay?”, Shika asked. He seemed worried. I nodded slowly.

            I sat on the ground and checked my knees. They’re both bleeding. I cursed under my breath.

            “Let me take a look at your wounds.”

             I let Shika examined my wounds. He reached for his medical pouch which he always carries with him along with his kunai knives, shurikens and other weapons. He cleaned my wounds, put some sort of a medicine that’s obviously made from some plant leaves and bandaged them. When he was finished he got up and offered me his hand. I took it and he assisted me while I was getting up.

              “Can you walk?”

              “Yes.”

             “Don’t be so nervous. You’ll be fine. Just tell them the truth.”

           Yeah right. Tell them the truth. As if the truth would save me. If I tell them the truth they might just hang me right then and there.

           Shika and I continued to walk slowly until we reached the building where the Hokage’s office is. We climbed the stairs that circles around the round-shaped building. We passed by several closed doors. I stopped when Shika stopped in front of a wooden double-door.

           “Well this is it. Goodluck, Mika”, he said before he knocked on the door and gently opened one of them when we heard someone from inside say that we can come in.

            I followed Shika inside. He stopped in the middle of the room, in front of Tsunade and 3 older men and an older woman. I figured them to be the village elders. They are all wearing brown robes that flows to their ankles. A white clothe is also loosely wrapped around the elders’ neck. Tsunade who’s sitting at the farthest right is wearing a hat with white linen hanging from side to side. The word “hokage” in japanese is painted on it. They all look authoritative.