⇜Chapter 23⇝

The princess’ face lit up when she saw Sasuke and ran towards him. She enthusiastically wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed her soft body against his. Everyone was surprised and didn’t know what to do or what to say. Naruto’s jaw comically dropped and his eyes widened. It’s actually funny but I couldn’t laugh. Who can laugh while watching a princess flirt with the guy that you secretly have a crush on? I didn’t know what to do. Should I look away? I feel quite embarrassed by the scene in front of me but I can’t really look away. I want to know what she’s going to do next. Is she going to do something worse? Is she…going to kiss him, too? What’s her relationship with Sasuke anyway? Why is she embracing him like he’s her fiance or something?

            I felt the fang of jealousy injecting its venom in me. She’s still got her arms around his neck.

            Is she ever going to let go of him?, I asked myself, irritated at the princess. She loosened her embrace a little and faced him. She has a lovely smile on her lips.

            “I missed you”, she said while looking at his eyes.

            Sasuke, who probably finally recovered from the surprise, gave her a smile. It made me even more jealous. Sasuke never smiled at me. Never.

            “It’s nice to see you again, too, princess”, he said, still smiling. The princess run her finger lightly on his cheek and his lips, resting her delicate finger on them.

            “You haven’t changed, Sasuke. You know that’s not what I want to hear”, she said, clearly flirting. Sasuke’s smile widened and I couldn’t help but roll my eyes.

            “I missed you, too, princess.”

             My lips parted. I didn’t expect him to say that. It gives me a horrible feeling and frankly, I’m sick of it.

            The king cleared his throat to get everyone’s attention.

            “Everyone, this is my eldest daughter. Princess Misuko.”

            We all bowed to her. I really didn’t want to. I wanted to rebel against her authority as a princess but I’m not really in the position to do so. So I reluctantly bowed at her to show respect. Princess Misuko bowed back to us, which is the only thing she has done so far that shows that she belongs to a well-esteemed family. She then wrapped her arms around Sasuke’s left arm and smiled at him.

            I can’t believe this woman. She’s engaged! I know it’s an arranged marriage but still…it doesn’t mean she’s not already committed to marry another man.

            “Misuko. Leave Sasuke alone”, King Toshio ordered.

            “Oh father. I’m just welcoming our guest.”

            “Misuko”, Toshio called her name with more authority, which the princess answered with an irritated tone.

            “What?”

            Misuko froze when her eyes caught someone standing beside the king. Surprised is clearly reflecting on her beautiful face. My eyes followed what she’s looking at. Beside the king stands another beautiful young woman, a little younger than Princess Misuko. She’s much simpler than Misuko but not less lovely. She, too, has long, black hair and skin as smooth as silk. She has big, beautiful black eyes that now both glisten with tears that are about to flow. Pain is written in her face as she watches her sister being so close to Sasuke.