⇜Chapter 3 ⇝

“Sasuke?”, I repeated his name with disbelief. “It can’t be.”

“Aa.” The bleached head guy turned when he heard me. Then his expression immediately turned into that of a love-stricken teenager. I could almost see hearts on both his eyes. “Aahh…Sasuke, you really are a ladies’ man”, he said while poking Sasuke on his side, obviously teasing him.

“Shut up”, Sasuke snapped.

“Isn’t she the reason why you suddenly took off without saying a word? Eh eh.” He continued to poke Sasuke who lost his temper.

“I said shut up, Naruto. And quit poking me.”

I gasped when Sasuke turned to face Naruto. I can clearly see one of his eyes.

“It can’t be!”, I whispered to myself in astonishment.

“Aaaahhhhhh! Wait a second…I know you’re mad but there’s no need to use your sharingan on me”, says Naruto while waving his hands in front of Sasuke.

“You idiot. I’m not going to use them on you. I am gonna use them on…”, he said then turned to face the enemies, now gone. “…them.”

Sasuke sighed.

“Ahahahhaa. Gomenne, Sasuke.”

“Tsk. Really, you two. You always go off without giving a word. Do you both really just expect people to find you whenever you choose to wonder off?”

I looked at the new arrival. He’s wearing the same headband as Naruto with the same symbol on it…the symbol of the leaf. I know because I watch Naruto AND read the manga as well. So I’m very much familiar with the story and the characters. This new arrival, I’m pretty sure, is Shikamaru, the laziest but most cunning ninja of the leaf village.

I looked down and brought my right hand on my face saying, “I must be dreaming.”

But dreaming I wasn’t. And what happened next proved it to be reality.

Sasuke moved towards me and in an instant, he has pushed me on the ground, pinned me on it and he grabbed my neck, choking the life out of me. I gasped repeatedly, trying to let some air in but it was useless. I can’t believe it! Sasuke is trying to kill me! I can see the seriousness on his eyes. This guy is not joking.

“Oi! Sasuke!”

I heard both Naruto and Shikamaru yelled and both men grabbed Sasuke on both sides, trying to pull him off of me. But Sasuke didn’t budge. However, he loosened his grip on my neck a little so I could breathe.

“Who are you? How did you get here?”, he asked, looking directly at my eyes.

“I---I’m---M—Mika”, I managed to say my name. I surprised myself for being able to speak fluent Japanese. But hey, after everything that has happened so far, I shouldn’t really be surprise by it anymore, right?

“Mika”, he repeated. “How did you get here?”

“Oi. Sasuke. Maybe you should lay your hands off of her neck.”

“Shut up.”

“But she’s just a girl”, Naruto insisted.

“I said, SHUT UP!”

“Sasuke…!”

“She’s not just an ordinary girl, you idiot!”

Naruto, Shikamaru and I were shocked. What is this guy talking about? Of course I’m just an ordinary girl. HE IS the one who’s not ordinary. THEY are not ordinary teenagers.

“What do you mean, Sasuke”, asks Shikamaru.

“She’s not from here. She’s not from our world.”

“Hmm, yeah. So?”

Sasuke flashed an impatient glance at the still confused Naruto, while Shikamaru obviously figured out what Sasuke meant.

“No outsider is capable of penetrating the barrier. So how did she get here?”

A struck of realization hit Naruto’s face. He looked at me, or rather, stared at me. It seems as if he’s studying my face.

“Well? Do you have an answer?”

My eyes shifted from Naruto to the young man who has me pinned on the ground. His eyes are back to normal and he’s looking intently at me, seeming to dig the truth out of my eyes. Sasuke has a very handsome face and he’s very attractive but right now, he scares the hell out of me!

“Sasuke. Let her go. I don’t know but I have a feeling that she’s not going to do us and our village any harm”, Naruto said while looking at me.

“Hugh! You and your feelings.”

“Look at her. She seems very confused. And she’s scared to death.”

“She should BE scared.”

“I think Naruto’s right, Sasuke. She’s harmless. I think she’s just as confused as we are right now”, says Shikamaru.

Sasuke stared at me for a moment longer before he harshly let out a sigh and released me. He obviously just forced himself to release me but he did. He probably trusts Shikamaru’s instinct. He IS a genius after all. Most say he is wise beyond his years.

I got up and held my aching neck.

“We should head back to the village. Tsunade sama is waiting for our report”, Shika suggested.

“Yes, we should.”

“Then should we tell her how to get back home?”, Naruto enthusiastically added to the suggestion.

“Hell NO!”

To my surprise, Sasuke picked me up and put me on his shoulder like a pig. I screamed in horror.

“Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…!”