⇜Chapter 28.2⇝

Naruto’s stomach growled and everyone looked at him for a second. His stomach has been growling for the past hour. He feels miserable not having anything to eat but he’s trying his best not to lose his calm. He has to. For the sake of this mission’s success. His stomach growled one more time. He touched his stomach and closed his eyes tight. He’s also been having a stomachache. It’s one of his weaknesses, food. When he’s hungry he just got to eat soon or he’ll lose concentration and his temper. His stomach would hurt so bad until he finally fills it with food. But he’s enduring the pain right now eventhough he’s starting to feel weak from hunger. What gives comfort to him is the fact that he’s not the only one with stomach growling. Everyone’s hungry. Even the princesses’ aren’t immune to it. In fact, princess Misuko’s stomach has been growling, too. Sometimes, their stomachs would growl right after another or they would in unison that he finds it funny. He thinks they seem like a musical band but with their growling stomachs as their musical instruments.   

           Naruto laughed at the thought.

           “Hey knuckle head. Have you finally lost all your screws?”, asks Sasuke.

        “No. It’s just that…our stomachs growls in unison. It’s like we’re in a band or something”, Naruto managed to answer in between laughs. He seems so amused by his own silly thought that the others look at him like a complete idiot.

           After the laugh died down, he’s back to being miserable. Good thing Inoo finally arrived back.

          “Oh good you’re back. Where’s the food?”, Shika asked her right away.

           Inoo handed them the food without replying, which everyone grabbed. She watched them fight for food even though she brought more than enough for everyone. The group ate hungrily while Inoo sat on the unpaved ground lined by a piece of old card board. She figured it’s a part of an old box. When everyone’s stomach full, Inoo started telling the group what she saw while scouting the village. Specially that weird ninja that she saw in the eatery while she’s in the market.

          “So what did you do? Did you follow him?”, asks Sasuke.

          “Yes. Something about him was bothering me. It was like something’s telling me that he’s the clue to finding Mika.”

         “And? What happened? Did you find anything interesting? Anything useful?”, asks Shikamaru.

      Inoo gave him a knowing smile that’s really meant for everyone. She then told the group everything that she found out after she followed the village ninja.

        Sasuke chuckled after listening to Inoo. “We got them. They better give me a good reason for challenging me or I’ll kill them both.”

      “You mean you’ll beat the crap out of them, right? Not kill them? And it’s for kidnapping Mika-chan, right? Not because they challenged you?”, says Naruto.

          Sasuke didn’t answer him and addressed Inoo instead.

          “Was Mika alright?”

       “I’m not sure. She seemed unconscious or sleeping when I saw her. She didn’t have any obvious injuries but who knows what they did to her.”

      Sasuke remained silent after that. He seems as if he’s thinking about something. So Shikamaru took charge.

           “Okay, here’s what we’re going to do…”