Chapter 3: Dragon & drama

recap

"Let's get back on the road." he instructed the knights before climbing back into the carriage, as the knights did as requested, before they continued their way. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With his runes, they defrosted the bandits after they had left a 10 miles. The kittens were very excited about the ice, as they had never seen it before, before Cale explained things to them. (of course he had placed a silencing rune in the carriage already.)

When they reached the next place to rest it was Tolz territory, it was were Cale and the kittens were going to recuse a little dragon. When a carriage was about to run over an aging old man, Cale silently caused the horse to turn, with the help of a illusion rune, just for the eyes of the horse. As the Stan carriage skid to a halt and turn due to nothing. Once the driver regain control of the horse, they were far from the scene. Venion was still utterly confuse about the whole thing, but since he can't purposely turn back, because it would make him look bad, he told the driver to continue.

"Hans. Ask if the old man is alright and directions to the nearest inn and bar." Cale instructed as he wore his cloak and the kittens also hopped out. Hans did as instructed to find out that the old man was the inn and bar in their place. "Get an additional 2 rooms for a father and son duo and a certain black head punk." he added, before walking to the assigned room. Then he prepared the giant rune to block magic with the help of spirits. As apparently owning the Frost of the Abyss was the sign of a Spirit King candidate or someone loved by nature to allow this violent power to be active. Which also means war is arriving. "I knew Aster was powerful, but I didn't expect him to be that powerful." Cale whined as he took in this new information. As the Spirits have spread the torn apart runes at the 4 corners of the location.

'it was because of this powers that he was so wanted by the Empire and Arms. He can't just blindly reveal this.' Abyss explained. 'they wanted it desperately that they killed sir James and attempted to take Aster as someone who is the king candidate and a rune user.'

"Che. So he never told me anything about it... well, we didn't have the time either." the red head declared, as they got a word from a thumbs up from a water spirit that it was done. He changed his clothes into the Arm's imitation uniform and jumped down the 2nd floor with the kittens in his arms. Before they took off into the forest, once they were ready, Cale activated the rune, and they rushed into the place, being covered by 2 kinds of fog. A misty fog from the temperature and another from On.

With a simple stick, everyone who touch it will fall asleep, that was what was written in the rune, when Cale enchanted the pole. As he hit all the knights and they immediately fell asleep from the effect. Allowing them to swiftly enter the dungeon, where the torture master was trying to contact for assistance. But he was immediately poisoned by Hong, leaving his squeamish on the ground. As Cale took his keys to unlock the Dragon and taking him out of the cage, without asking too much questioned. He let the dragon down as he located a secret exit, with the help of the spirits. He used a rune enhancement and broke through the wall, before picking everyone up and going through as well. He froze the collar off, before breaking it and making it turn to dust. Healing him with a potion, without a second glance.

"So, what do you want to do now?" Cale asked the dragon. "You're a dragon one of the most intelligent species there is. You can speak like a person, so answer me. What do you want to do once you're free?"

"I'll live. I'll leave this place. I don't want to be tamed." the dragon declared, as Cale smirked.

"You do that." with that he stood up. "have a good life. Let's hope we never meet." with that the red head started walking away.

"Humans always lies."

"...huh? I do agree. But believe what you want, you are free to do what you want. I'm not going to bother you anymore. Live long and old, kid." with that Cale left with the kittens in arm and headed back to the inn. As he called back for the scattered rune pieces. Before disposing them properly. Also destroying all traces of them. He cooked some steak for the kittens, allowing them to eat as he sleeps for the night.

'That is phrase 1 down. Next is to get vitality.' Cale was so tired from using all his abilities that he knocked out for hours, not noticing the baby dragon watching him sleep.

When he woke up, there was a lot of noise and Cale woke up with a headache. He changed into some regular clothes, before walking out of the room with On and Hong behind him. To see one of the guard he knocked out already awake and questioning Hilsmen. Who was explaining to the guard that everyone was drinking the night away. "What the hell is going on?" Cale asked with a growl, as he already ordered for another bottle of alcohol, before he sat there and started drinking again. While Hilsmen explain, that Cale fixes his headache with more alcohol.

But he wasn't lying when he said he have a headache, but it was enough to drive the guard away. Just as he tells Hans to keep the wine, as he will want it later, and to prepare breakfast. The door opened to see the owner leading a group of 3 into the place, it was the father-son duo and the punk. Cale literally ignores them but the raven's eyes narrowed as he marched over to the noble just eating breakfast. He was about to punch the latter but was met with an invisible force instead. "Can't you see I'm eating? Where are kids and their manners, these days? Even the kittens have more manners than you."

"What?" the butler and chef were shocked at the sudden change.

"Hilsmen open the door." Cale instructed as he stood up, as the punk finally pulled his arm back and readied to grab his sword. "You ruined a perfectly good breakfast."

"You look like you need another beating." as Choi Han drew his blade, he was suddenly sent flying back by a giant lance, which he blocked with his sword, but the force was strong enough to send him flying. Out of the open door that Hilsmen opened.

Before Choi Han could move, he was immediately encased with ice, causing his sword to drop and the ice to hold his arms and legs in place. Cale sighed again, before sternly giving the next orders. "Hans, pack this and make some sandwich for everyone. We are leaving." he got up and picked the kittens up, as the soldiers all moved. The butler and son didn't say anything as the other just gave them a wave, before they went on their way.

Once the Henituse team as left the ice on Choi Han magically thaw out in an instant. "When did the young master know how to do that?" Beacrox asked.

"..." Ron didn't answered, but had a feeling he knew when. Then the owner told them that the rooms have already been prepared, but when the butler wanted to pay, the owner refused.

"It's already paid for. And I have another message for sirs." he said and handed them a spacial bag. "the young master from before told me to hand this to you. He said that you forgot this." when the Molan pair opened it, they were shocked to see it full of potions and herb gel, for wounds.

"What an interesting puppy." Ron smirked, as Choi Han finally broke out of the ice.