Chapter 92: Former Arm Member

When the female sword master finally woke up from her rest, she was greeted with a fluffy fluff, in the form of Mieko sitting on her face.

"Sir Arax-nim?"

Hannah asked weakly.

"You awake?"

The cat hopped off her face, as she was shown the sight of her brother sleeping on the lap of a cloaked man, with brown hair and all he was doing was looking through a bunch of documents as he pats her brother's head, like soothing a child to sleep.

"W-what?"

But the man wasn't the only one there, as there was an aging looking butler, who was serving tea to two more strong people. Another man with brown hair and violet eyes, while the other was an auburn young lady, with green eyes.

"It seems that Arm and the Empire decided to backstab you. How are you feeling Holy Maiden Hannah?"

The brown haired person closest to her asked, as the attention all turned to her.

"W-what? H-how? Sir Arax?"

"Hannah, you haven't been taking the potion, it's supposed to help you hold back the spread. But clearly, that didn't work."

Mieko sternly told the swords master, as she just glares back at the cat, as she thought the dragon was her ally, but the said dragon brought more people into their problems.

"Besides, they were the ones who provided the potions for you."

"W-what?"

Before the cat could say anymore, a hand on his head stopped him.

"Enough, everyone needs rest and I think you need to some too, Miss. And your condition isn't that great either. Is it dead mana?"

Cale asked as the cat just sat by the fire.

"Y-yes. It was because some of the dead mana got into my wounds, as we were running away. About 1 week before the bombing, my brother insisted that we run. And he didn't say anything else and just took us away from the Church. I tried to get him to go to that organization, only for them to throw dead mana bombs."

Hannah admitted, as she had heard Jack mumbled in his sleep about the regret of not listening to that person's advice. She never understood it, but he also agreed that the advise was correct.

"We were able to flee to this forest and got lost, then Sir Arax found us and helped us."

Cale nodded, as it information bring the pair round and matches Mieko's story.

"I understand the story from there. So, do you want revenge?"

This question caught Hannah's attention, as she is a prideful swords master, who hates the church, Empire and now Arm. They have the same enemies. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

"Because I want revenge too. They hurt those I care about and I cannot forgive them. Isn't it the same for you?"

Cale asked Hannah who was silent as she debated her options with joining this suspicious person. Then to move on their own.

In the end.

This was her answer.

"I want to dye them red. I want blood to spill. I want revenge."

She said, then her eyes became filled with fury as she turned to Cale.

"Will you betray me?"

"... I have no need to do so. Because we have the same goals. In fact, once the Empire had been taken down. Lets burn a couple of Temples and Churches and curse at the gods."