Chapter 130: Daily activities of a 'sick' person

As the food was rolled into Cale's room, since he was 'sick'. Cale ate it with grace and beauty. (not that anyone saw) while also sharing it with his children. As he requested a lot and about 3 servings of food was brought over.

-Human are you really going to the library?-

"Are you going to loot someone?"

"That is right. I'm going to loot the church."

Cale hummed as he happily ate. The food was not as good as Beacrox, but it was sufficient to fill his belly. He occasionally wipes his children's messy mouths. Before he dressed himself like a sick person (baggy comfy clothes), with a shawl over his shoulders, to add the sick vibe.

Alberu had annoyingly left one of his dark elf people in front of the door, most likely to keep an eye on Cale, who immediately frowned. His guards and servants are currently running interference with the Empire people. Except for Eruhaben, who claimed that he wanted to explore the Empire streets. So, Cale let him do what he wanted.

"Let me guess..."

"His highness assigned me to take care of you for the day."

'How annoying.'

Cale mentally rolled his eyes, as he turned to the disguised dark elf.

"What is your name?"

"Ben, young master."

"Then Ben-nim, please guide me to the Empire library."

Cale gently asked, as the others just flinched at the kindness, as they had seen how this person was, at their city of life. Strict, analytic and manipulative. This side of them, just sends a shiver down their spine.

"Right this way."

As they were about to leave, one of the Empire knight was waiting for him.

It was the red-haired knight.

Yes, it was the Cat named Rex.

"Where would you like to go, young master-nim?"

The Cat knight who seemed to be acting as if he does not know or recognize Cale. just respectfully called out to him.

"Please take me to the Empire's library. Foreigners are allowed on the first floor, right?"

"Yes sir, it is allowed. I will guide you there. But should sir be walking around. I heard that you were sick?"

The Cat Knight asked, as they headed in the direction of the library.

"It's just a slight fever. I plan to rest while reading some books."

"If sir is exhausted, you can just inform me."

The alliance started chatting like they were friends and completely ignoring the dark elf, who has no idea what was going through the mind of the noble.

When Cale parted ways with the knight, he chatted for a little with the librarian, before going off on his own. He picked out a couple of history books. And finished them within 15 minutes. (having photographic memory helped out.)

He did go and read a couple of books talking about the mind, but that was just light reading as he was a bit bored. He even picked up some light novels to read to Raon who was following him.

'There are no public books about Runes... Pity.'

Cale was slightly upset about the fact that he couldn't find anything, but it didn't bother him too much.

'I guess there is nothing much for me to do... but memorize the entire history of this stupid Empire. Out of sheer boredom.'

And that was what Cale did.