Chapter 28: Whipper Kingdom, King of the Whales

Recap

"Then why did you do it?" Cale asked glaring at the fool, who gave him a smirk, but no answer. "Whatever. Toonka should be done with the war soon. Prepare the resources for him, and get Hans to inform the Ubarrs that we need a ship to Whipper Kingdom."

"You really like working me to the bone. Don't you?"

"I pay you to do that. And now I can leave the village to the twins, while we deal with other problems." Cale declared, as he left the training field, with the brunette following closely behind. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Give me 5 days. I will gather and buy everything we need."

With that the pair split to continue with their own work and task. Cale went to his family estate to inform his family that he was going to go to the Whipper Kingdom in a couple of days and they will be leaving in 5.

When he revealed that it was lunch time and he joined the others on the dinner table with Raon, On and Hong as well.

Clang.

The spoon in the hand of his little sister, the 7 year old Lily, fell to the ground. As the red head turned to look at Lily after hearing the noise only to see her pale face and the corners of her lips shaking.

"My teacher said..."

She didn't even think about picking up the spoon as she continued to mumble.

"the Whipper Kingdom is very scary right now and people die everyday. The nobles have to hide and it is even hard to eat yummy food! You can't even sleep in peace! That is what my teacher said!"

Her emotions seemed to be getting stronger as she continued to speak. She then started to frown after looking towards her eldest brother.

"You are not allowed to do that."

Count Deruth cut Lily off and sternly answered. Cale looked towards his father in confusion. As he don't plan to be caught up in the mess, beside he had promised Toonka to come, after he wins.

"Unfortunately, it is something I cannot avoid. But there is nothing to worry. It is all part of my plans. As I plan to buy something big there, which will be very useful in the future." Cale mentioned, calmly.

"It doesn't matter. What matters is your safety!"

Deruth outburst and slammed his utensils on the table. The good-natured and average looking Count Deruth's face was extremely scrunched up in a frown. Cale looked around to Basen, who was stiff like time had frozen, and then to the only person who looked calm, Violan. (aside from the children who were munching on their food)

She casually asked once they made eye contact.

"Is this your decision?"

"Yes. It is. I will go, even if you reject the idea."

The Countess put her spoon down and continued to speak.

"You know it is dangerous over there?"

"I know."

He agreed. However, he knows he will be fine. Aster, Raon and Hans are there to protect him. And even his own abilities won't hinder them should they get into a fight.

"Who do you plan to bring this trip?"

"Aster, my bodyguard, the children and Hans."

"Take the hero with you, since he has nothing to do. I heard about the crimes of the Tolz family and Stan family. Once that is done, they should be free." Violan suggested.