Chapter 42: Let's revenge begin

Recap

"You are not a priestess anymore. Long time no see, Cage."

"Yes, Cale nim. Nice to see you again."

Cale turned to look at Odeus who was staring at him. Odeus's eyes were full of avarice.

"So? Aren't you curious about my commission now?"

Odeus sat back down across from Cale without saying anything else. Cage sat down on the remaining seat. It was now the perfect time to discuss the operation. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The beginning of the conversation naturally started with the most curious person. Odeus was the first to start the conversation.

"I never knew that the two of you knew each other."

"Are you curious about that?"

Odeus answered as if it was obvious.

"Not at all."

Cale also accepted it, as if the answer was the obvious answer. Someone like Odeus would personally investigation something like this. What kind of merchant earns information from his client?

"Odeus, when does Venion visit this place?"

While Odeus had been working in the underworld for the past 5 years, he had figured out that there was someone who was an obstacle for his taking control of the entire underworld. However, he was never able to figure out who it was.

The information that he had only recently learned was coming out of Cale's mouth. Who was informed by his own information network, who consist of Freesia and her team.

"You mean the back alley."

The young master in front of him knew that Venion out come to the back alley.

According to Cale's knowledge of events and Freesia information, they called the dark side of the Stan territory the 'Back Alley'. gambling, alcohol, prostitution, the black market with illegal items, slavery and violence. All of those dirty things happen on a daily basis in the Back Alley.

Odeus was the only one who doesn't use slaves or violence. He always put conditions so that both the client and he could be protected by each other for any deal. That was why Cale had to come to find him.

Furthermore, Taylor Stan, the eldest son of the Marquis Stan's family, probably had the same train of thought.

Well, it may be slightly different.

Taylor knew that Venion was responsible for paralyzing his legs, however, he didn't know the source of Venion's resources. That was how stealthy Venion was with things. That was one of his strengths.

However, Taylor was able to figure out, thanks to Cale's communication to him.

And he found that information to be very important.

Taylor's desire was delivered through the excommunicated Priestess, Cage.

"Young master Taylor-nim wishes to know all the sides of the Stan territory and the Northwest."

Cage and Odeus made eye contact. Taylor and Cage had asked Cale to connect them with Odeus as soon as they heard the information from Cale.

"As a noble and a member of the family that rules over the region, Young master Taylor Stan-nim hates the underworld."

"I agree. I hate it as well."

Cale was saying that he hated it out loud, but Odeus nodded his head.