Chapter 13: Ubarr territory & music

recap

"Yes sir. All ready and accounted for. Billos's resources are ready for us to use."

"Good."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As everyone sent the free day packing up. The next day started early as the wolf children road on 2 carriages, while I rode on one with Raon, On and Hong and with Hans driving, with the other knights protected the children and are also kept cool by the out of control goblets which I formerly lent Taylor and Cage. On the way to the Ubarr territory, I went out to retrain my sword arts back to it's former glory.

It was tough to say, as my body remembers all my techniques, but I have too little strength to go at full force. I trained alone at night with only Hans and the kids watching, as I don't want to be seen training to be a knight. When we arrived at Ubarr territory, it was past lunch and Amiru was already there waiting for us. "Welcome Young Master Cale." Amiru greeted.

"Long time no see, Young lady Amiru." I greeted back as On and Hong also waved at the back. As I was chatting with Amiru, a terrible thing happened as a knight came over to report an urgent matter to Amiru.

"My lady, the person we rescued has regained consciousness."

"Oh, is that so?" 'rescue? Did someone get hurt?' Amiru seems to notice my curiosity as she starts explaining, "We were inspecting the shorelines and nearby islands for the new naval base, when we rescued a shipwrecked person. It seems that he has regained consciousness."

'Cale remember to grab the Sound of the wind. It is the ancient power which caused the whirlpool!'

'it's thief.' the other 2 commented.

"Because a person's life is precious, right, young master Cale?" Amiru turned to me and I smiled back to her.

"Of course." I smiled back.

"I knew young master Cale would answer like that." she smirked back, but I didn't think too much of it. "Based on the outfit and physique, they seem to be someone from the Whipper Kingdom."

"As in?"

"Long, messy brown hair that has been likened to a lion's mane." she mentioned and there was only one person who popped into my head. 'is it the maniac mage slayer? I remember how he but headbutt with Aster who is a scary person, who fought with magic, runes, ancient powers and sword. Ah such a scary person.'

'Cale we need to get the ancient power before Toonka.' Abyss's voice echoed in my head.

'We will grab it tonight.' I thought to myself, Amiru seemed to have noticed my change in expression but didn't say anything.

"Young Master Cale, you don't have to worry about that person. He seemed to recover very quickly."

"I'm not worried. He should rest as much as he can. If you need a healing potion, just ask." I told her. "Young Lady Amiru, could you please show us to our rooms?" I asked her as I spotted how tired the Wolf Children are.

"Of course." she didn't say anything else but brought us along to the rooms to rest. The residence that the head of the Ubarr family had built a while ago in this small fishing village. The room was luxurious, and didn't really fit with the village they were in. Which tells me that the place had plans to be developed, when she originally started the construction of this residence.

I was scheduled to meet with Amiru's mother before leaving the Ubarr territory. she was probably going to question me about some things, but they have the right to know the brief idea of my plans. From my window, I could see the entire village, as well as the Cliff of winds.