Chapter 124: You want me to WHAT?

"Me? Going to the Empire? Are you kidding me?"

"Nope."

Cale's jaw dropped, Aster's jaw dropped. If the children understood why the other two's jaws were dropping, they would have also followed along.

Cale had facepalm as Alberu just smiled.

Yes, the rare times that Cale is not a cool fellow and is getting anxious and flustered.

"According to the information, that the bombing of the church wasn't done by the twins. I was curious why the Empire wanted to brush it under the rug so quickly. Therefore, I have been pestering them to open up the investigation for it and find the culprit. Like us, when Arm attacked. And I have been requested by the Church of the Sun that my presence was needed. So, you need to make another of that brilliant artifact as well."

Cale just blankly glares at the prince, so close to socking that punk in the stomach.

Cale wants nothing to do with the Empire, except to burn the place down to the ground. Especially that imperial shitty bastard.

"It will give them a headache as well. Since we are also offering our services in the investigation..."

Cale didn't comment and continued to glare at the prince.

"Robbit has been a dear darling and compiled a 20 page list and explanation of why and how we should screw around with the Empire."

Alberu added as he pushed a file of documents to the red head, who finally opened their mouth.

"Are you really willing to bring trash like me to investigate a matter in another kingdom? When I am already causing so much trouble here?"

Cale pointed out, as it was a place that he cannot bring Aster with him, therefore, he would be short of one of his people.

"That is true. It is either you come as yourself... or you come as one of my escorts."

"Escort? As in... i need to -"

"Sort of. Male or female is completely fine-"

Cale threw a pillow from the couch into Alberu's face in retaliation and with a flustered look.

"How rude."

"Excuse me. It sounds to me like you want me to be your woman! And I crossdress when I feel like it, not for missions like this. And what makes you think that I won't be monitored like a damn hawk for being your partner!"

Cale was getting panicky and Alberu is having a bit too much fun, in seeing the proud noble Cale Henituse get nervous. It was cute.

As cute as Aster would agree. He is thinking about contingency plans, as he of all people knows how corrupted the Empire is.

"Either ways, you would still be closely monitored by either going as yourself, or pretending to be his majesty's escort."

Aster deduced. Cale looked at his partner in shock and betrayal.

"Cale. the Empire has Rune notes."

Aster reminded his liege, who has a desire for more knowledge of this art of old, that there is close to no information about it.

"Damn, that is a tempting offer."

Cale grumbled, before he took a deep breath.

"Fine. I will go with you, not as your escort, but as myself. If you want me to wreak havoc with the Empire, you should have said so earlier. I have some darling kittens in the Empire, who have agreed to work with me."