Chapter 26: Protecting the Village Pt 2

Recap

"Rest. Recover your strength, then decide what you want to do. Since you can move, how well can do move in the kitchen?" the latter asked, leaving the room, as it was soon time to prepare dinner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

-Human. More of your traps were triggered. About 3 fell in and died. - Raon telepathically told his guardian as he and the kittens are all periodically watching out for bandits and thugs, which their human told them about. -they seems to be from a different group.-

'I see. Keep me updated, later. It's time for snacks. Call your siblings back.' he mentally told the little dragon.

As Iris is indeed skilful at making food for everyone, as they arrived and all tummies are feed full. Before the twins started helping around the village with the wolf children. Raon, On and Hong were resting for now, when they watched their human leaving the house with a sword. They secretly followed their human who approached a group of thugs hiding in the bushes.

"So, which group are you from?"

He asked them.

"Huh? How? Kill him!" they yelled, but they didn't get far, as they were already too far caught in the thin steel threads that the red head originally set.

"Wait! We are only here for the twins. Give them to us and we will leave you alone." another thug said. But this caused the red head to just sigh.

"It seems that my reputation hasn't reached your ears... how sad." he commented, as the blade was drawn. "the twins are now my people. Should anyone dare to harm my people, prepare to face death."

That was his only warning, before all the thugs who came to catch the twins were all slaughtered till unrecognizable. They never had a chance at the secret swords master, as they trained a lot in their future, to get to where they were. Then the trees were all willed to carry the corpse away (after looting them of course). this caused the latter to cough a bit of blood out, but it was in different as he was already covered in blood splatters.

One of the items looted was questionable. The symbol and authority of a territory noble. Most likely to make the vassal or the lord of the village or city to submit to them. 'The Stan symbol, huh? But they were part of Tolz territory... in other words, Venion is trying to cover up something... I will have Freesia investigate this and pass it onto Taylor and Cage.'

As he turned he sees the children frowning at him, while Hans was beside them with a towel.

"Human. You can't do this yourself. You are weak. Let us do it." Raon argued, as he came over and flutter around the dirty human.

"Yeah, nya."

"Leave it to us, nya."

Cale reached for the offered towel to wipe the blood away.

"It's fine. We need to gather intel, as the twins situation will make it easier to take down Venion's power. Don't you want to bring him down to his lowest?"

Cale mentioned as the dragon also smiled. Before he relayed more information to Freesia who was on call with him, to investigate about the twins, Tolz and Venion. "What do you plan to do with this?" On asked.

"I plan to let the heroes handle it, as it will make them rise up a higher tier. All part of their justice and they will win the hearts of the people. Those who look out for the commoners and nobles."

On frowns a little at the answer, as she lay her head on his thigh.

"Why don't you claim credit? You are more of hero than them."