Chapter 73: Exploring the Cavern

"Don't worry human, I will create a magic light --"

"Let's not do that, unless you want to be teleported to who knows where."

Cale stopped Raon from using magic, making all the mages freeze before they could use their magic.

"there is no need to use magic. This place is rigged that mages will be sent to who knows where, if they use any spells."

Cale explains to the group as lamps and touches were passed around and distributed. While Raon stayed perched on Cale's shoulder, while the kittens were on Ron and Aster's shoulder, Cale led the way into the cavern.

"How did young master know about this place?"

Ms Rosalyn asked curiously as they walked into the dark place.

"From experience. Don't expect me to explain, because it's a long story."

Cale told her, as they reached a wall, that Cale placed his touch on a smartly disguised touch stand, as it opened up a hallway, with touches slowly being lighted up one by one.

"Ask Aster for more stories."

Cale just diverted the history of the place to his partner who knows what is going on, most of the time. As the corridor slowly light up, Geo was about to step into the place, but was stopped when Aster grabbed the youth by their collar.

"Not yet. My liege."

Cale froze a panel, before walking over the ice.

"There will be a lot more traps here. But most of them are only triggered when you fail to solve a puzzle. Shall we have some fun?"

This lead the team into another fun fill adventure of solving riddles and overcome traps all over the place. The children were having a bit too much fun, while the saner adults were completely baffled by their carefree nature.

Cale lead most of the way, until the children took over and started leading with Raon in front on Mary's shoulder as she led the way to the exit.

"Young Master Cale, is it really alright to just walk in here? Won't there be monsters here?"

Ms Rosalyn asked with a worried tone, as this place is full of weird riddles and traps that could have killed anyone of them.

"Don't worry about that. We have already avoided the lethal ones. The rest are just going to be really annoying to deal with."

"WE ALMOST GOT FLATTENED BY A GIANT BOULDER!"

"I dealt with it. There is nothing to worry about."

Cale happily said as he used Abyss, to crush the boulder before it hit anyone. As he ignored the frustration on the red head mage's face, before everyone finally reached their final puzzle.

It was a wide room with 14 pressure panels. The sight of the number made Aster frown and start looking around.

"Cale, is there anyone else here?"

The ice mage asked the young master who then called the thief's wind to spread out and look for any other humans. But they came back with no responses.

"There aren't any humans around. Why?"

"There are 14 pressure panels and only 12 of us. Shouldn't it be only 13 panels?"

Aster comments and pointed at the panels on the ground.

"We can just use weights to push them down. I can create two."

Cale just sighes as he proceeded to manipulate Abyss to create two human size chucks of ice, and dropped them onto two of the panels.

"Noooo. The fact that there are 14, means that we are being followed by something else. But according to you, it isn't a human..."