Chapter 122: End of the First Battle

[the fight would go more or less the same way, just with a change of characters. So, i'm going to skip it.]

At the end of this battle, it was a one sided massacre. Cale didn't even have to give any additional orders, as everything was executed perfectly. Gashan and Aster did jump in after they didn't need to maintain the storm anymore and had the time of their life, creating more and more corpses.

They even left false evidence of dead mana bombs made by the Empire, to make the other kingdoms suspicious of them. Is it a good idea.

Cale was rather proud of his scheme, and it shows.

Not that he noticed the grin on his own face, but everyone else did. But they opt to not say anything.

As dawn approached, everything was destroyed.

Other than the ships that reached the islands, all of the ships were floating in pieces after the whirlpools and the Whales got them.

He could see the corpses floating like black dots as well.

"Human... are you shocked?"

Cale looked at his child, Raon.

"Human, is this too much for you? We had no other choice."

Raon shook his head as he started to speak in a serious tone.

"Sometimes, one side must die or get injured badly in order for the other side to live. You need to firm your resolve to survive the upcoming chaos. Goldie Gramps said that there is nobody as unlucky as you."

Cale mentally sighed, as he was the one who called the shots, but Raon was calling him unlucky.

"Raon."

"Yes, i can understand how unlucky you are. So just trust me, the great and mighty Raon."

Cale just sighed again, as there seems to be some misunderstanding. Cale wasn't afraid, as it was something he deemed necessary to do. He didn't even have to fight in the frontlines, even though he was completely fine with it.

Why?

Ron has yet to return his sword.

When he demands his blade from his former butler, is the time he will really return to the battlefield, not as Cale Henituse, but as the Red Widow. For now, he is fine with just acting behind the scenes.

"Let's go down."

He told Raon as he rode the wind, with Raon following behind him.

The battle had continued the moment the sun went down to right before the sun came back up.

Ths overnight battle was, as expected, won by Cale's side.

It was a battle that they could not lose.

The Whale tribe, the Tiger Tribe and Cale's group. Who would expect all of these strong forces to gather together to fight a common foe? They didn't even need the heroes' help.

Tap. Cale's feet landed on the sand.

Hais Island 6.

This was the island that the sword master Hannah was fighting on last night.

"What a mess."

Cale's gaze headed down in a diagonal direction to see Hannah just causally sitting on the ground. Her bloodied blade was stabbed into the sand.

Hannah raised her head and started to speak as if she was responding to Cale.

"Isn't it great to look at?"