Chapter 83: Secrets of a god

(I told you, you will fall into a coma one day.)

A familiar sassy voice echoed in Cale's ears, as he opened his eyes to see that he is back in that god realm. The same galaxy like background, along with that red light who helped him.

"And why am I here?"

(Nothing much just checking up on you. First time you collapsed, due to an ancient power.)

"I'm just tired. I haven't been sleeping for the past few days."

Cale complained. Making the god in front of them laugh a little.

(Well, I'm not surprised. Even with your King's candidate powers, it can only hold's one plate for so long before they break. You need to be careful.)

"I know. But the world is just so fucked up."

Cale groaned as the god just laughed at the sight of their champion being childish on the rare few times.

"I want to see the library place."

There was an echo of fingers snapping, before the area around them changed into the library that Cale was dropped in the last time.

"So, why are you helping me?"

(... I brought you back. The very least I can do is to support you. Besides, the other gods will just make use of you for god knows what. And I can't have that.)

They answered the human.

"You sound like you hate the other gods."

(that is an understatement. I hate all the gods.)

"but you are a god."

(Not everyone wanted to be one. I on the other hand was force into this position.)

"This is something I never heard about. I thought the world always had gods?"

Cale took a comfortable position in order to extract as much information about gods and their abilities from this god, who they do not know their real identity.

(Gods are born on the beliefs of humans. At least the major ones, like the God of Death, Sun God, God of War, Beauty, love, etc. But not all of them were from just pure beliefs. Some ascended to godhood, demons and angels. There were some dragons in the mix.)

'I see.'

"What about you?"

(I was unfortunately forced into this. I never wanted it, but it was some grand plan by the gods. And I needed to give up my humanity in order to achieve it. How annoying. I hated them since.)

The god explained, like he didn't drop a bomb on Cale, that could change his way of viewing the gods.

"Are you allowed to tell me about this?"

(Should be fine. At most, I'm the one who gets the backlash.)

"And the gods don't mind the pain?"

(I was once human. We feel pain every other day. I'm not a wimp like the other gods.)

"Can you tell me about the future?"

(Nope.)

"I see. Then is this world on the right track?"

(Yes. It will be a difficult route, but it's the right one.)

"Good. That is all I needed to know."

Cale smiled at the knowledge of the right path, was good enough for him.

(If you want more hints. You could always use my divine artifact.)

The god suggested.

"We do not have your divine artifact."