Chapter 66: Conquer & More Golden Plaques

Recap

"i will give you a place to stay."

-alright! Good job, weak human!-

Raon shouted in Cale's mind.

'Right. Time to recruit another strong person.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you mean?"

Mary's robotic voice was slightly shaking.

"I am saying I will give you a place to stay. However, the place you will be staying is not a village or a city where human live as you wish."

The innkeeper slowly walked toward the door and locked it. His concerned gaze was focused on Mary.

Cale looked toward the innkeeper before continuing to speak.

"However, you can spend your time looking at the real sky and the beauty of the surface."

Although it would be just be the Harris Village and he knows his uncle won't mind another young blood or so he says. He doesn't want to accidentally drag her into his own plans. But she would skill see the beauty of nature and the beautiful sky that you could not see in this underground city.

"... I do not wish to burden you."

That was Mary's answer after a long duration of silence.

The word, 'burden', made Cale start to smile.

Because he understands. He who wasn't on the Crown Prince's side, but still offered this to her. It was like he was trying to take her away from the Dark Elves. They do not understand his intentions and his motives.

"You are probably saying that because you still don't know me very well. But that is understandable."

Cale looked up at Mary, only to see that she was wearing a black mask underneath her robe as well.

He continued to calmly speak to the girl whom he had never actually made eye contact with.

"i don't ever do anything that will burden me."

He only want to offer her this chance to experience what she desires. Besides, he like to gather as many allies for his final goal.

"I will help you so that the Church of the Sun God won't dare to bother you. In fact, should any of the churches dare, I will deal with them. Or I will give you a way to avoid the church in the open."

'I will just get rid of the church, it isn't difficult. I have done it before in the past.'

(Yes, Cale did. And the gods bailed their eyes out.)

The black hood flinched, as if Mary had jerked her head in shock underneath. So did Ron, as he never heard of this before.

"Is that possible?"

The innkeeper interjected into the conversation. Cale had heard from Shawn that this old man was the one who treated Mary the most like his own family after Tasha had left.

"Is that really possible?"

Cale looked toward the old man asking him with a shaky voice and answered.

"A dragon's dead mana. I will give that to you."

However, his words were only for Mary.

If her strength was around Aster's level and she needed to avoid the priests of the church of the Sun God, all he had to do was make her stronger than them.