Chapter 128: Vatican

Here is another chapter for this week. Because why not. 

---------------------------------------

As everyone returned to their quarters, Cale felt a buzz coming from the god's pocket watch, as he fished it out of his spatial pouch and looked to see the mouth half of the god on the top side of the object.

(Is everything going well?)

"I should be asking you that."

The god on the other end just smiled.

(You should search for the Condemnation of the Sun. it's by the palace. Your ancient powers will help you find the compact mirror.)

Then the figure disappeared, like the god just hung up the call.

"... I will keep that in mind."

'I never knew my god self can be so annoying.'

--

When he woke up the next morning, he was even paler than the day before, from lack of sleep. Induced fever. Even though it isn't that bad with Crybaby's influence, that does not mean that Cale wasn't tired.

It did not help that Alberu kept tugging at him to come with him. Like a toy.

"Let's go in."

As everyone followed behind the crown prince, as they walked into the Vatican.

There was still evidence of the explosion in the plaza outside the Vatican.

Part of the Vatican itself was still destroyed from the magic bomb as well.

There was a barricade along the site of the incident along with a large group of people gathered in the plaza just outside the barricade.

"Catch those terrible twins who destroyed the Church and killed our citizens!"

"The Church of the Sun God is disbanded! A Church that seeks power is no longer a church!"

'The twins are fine. If they don't shut up, I might destroy the church. I apologize on behalf of the citizens. And it's not the church, idiot. It is the people running the church.'

Many different voices could be heard.

"Catch and kill those devils who killed the Pope-nim!"

'Your Pope sounds the most sus.'

"The Empire does not need the Sun God! The Church of the Sun God that kills people, be gone!"

'Oh, please. Don't be childish.'

The Empire had revealed many things about the Church of the Sun God that they had discovered during their terror investigation. As a result, the Vatican was empty because the priests, as well as anybody else involved with the Vatican, were all currently under investigation.

Cale mentally sighed as he observed the scorch marks. As this was his first time entering the Empire, much less seeing the Vatican.

Why?

Deruth never took him out anywhere before.

His mother never had a really strong body, therefore, they won't travel out of the territory. Much less around the kingdom, unless they know the place.

After his mother died, there was never any more chances.

--

-Human, human! Let's find a lot of treasures!-

Cale slightly nodded his head at Raon's voice.

He then lifted his head up.

He could see the Alchemists' Bell Tower which was visible from all locations within the Empire.