Chapter 99: Act 2 & End

Basen sighed as how calculative his brother had become. He never knew this side of him and he has to admit. He was afraid. But he knows his own brother won't do anything to the family. Therefore, left it be.

He decided to return for the night, as Cale wanted those who oppose him to feel despair.

"Let's start with Act 2."

Cale smiled as he looked down on his targets.

--

As the Baron was trying to get sympathy for his failing business and the lies of how it was all the Henituse fault.

[Well he isn't wrong. Less of Henituse. More of just Cale's promise to ruin his life.]

"If that were the case, you should ask them for compensation. They destroyed their family business. If they are as noble as they seem, they should have spare cash to save your business."

"I bet it is the trash's doing? He has been ruining a lot of our businesses as well. And starting up weird things too."

"Should we really be talking about this during the party run by the archduke?"

"It is fine, he had already left the place."

Everyone turned to the corner where the said Archduke left the hall, as instructed by Cale before the whole thing started.

"Young Master Basen had also left the hall. That means only that trash is left."

"I'm not going to beg that trash. I will send word to Count Henituse after this party."

What they do not know that, that will never happen. As the doors to the hall was slammed open with the Baron's son running like a wimp to his father.

"Father!"

"Son?"

"Get him!"

Another thug like figure came running into hall ignoring the other fancy nobles and only had one bastard in mind.

"Father please save me."

"What did you do?"

Before the idiotic son could answer, the thug grabbed the sobbing child and held him at sword length.

"Guards! GUARDS!"

As Baron Lum called for guards to save his son, no one came running. Because Archduke Luke is known as the King's sword, he doesn't need any other guards aside from himself.

"What is the matter here?"

Archduke Luke strolled out to observe the scene from the 2nd floor.

"This gambling addict had racked up a debt of 1 billion gallon. He tried running away saying that his dear old papa is a noble and claims that he does not need to pay for anything."

Baron Lum glared at his own son for the false accusation.

"It seems that this brat is a lying bastard. I guess I will take him as collateral damage unless you have something of the same value."

The thug grabbed the other by their collar.

"No. Father!"

"Stop. I will pay -"

The Baron panicky called out.

"I thought your business was failing. I doubt anyone would lend you this amount of money to pay your son's bail."

The thug said, the nobles were all panicking as no one was saving them. Not even the royal guards.

But they do not know that this was all a plot by someone. They made use of the heir of the Baron Clan's gambling addiction to ruin their family. While they had external help to ruin their clothing business.