Chapter 16(Arc 2: The Farmer)

Until he was getting old, Xu Jinyi was always held in the palm of Zhao Chengli's hand, and the two accompanied each other for a hundred years.

Seeing that Zhao Chengli closed his eyes first, Xu Jinyi held his withered hand and kissed his face full of wrinkles and age spots. "Still so handsome."

Then, Xu Jinyi lay down in Zhao Chengli's arms, put his arms around his waist, and submitted game points without hesitation, waiting for the soul to leave this world.

A tear slowly fell from the corner of the body on the bed, following the lines of the wrinkles, to the ear that was close to Zhao Chengli's cheek.

In this different world, with the support of Jinhui and the Zhao family, Xu's father was successfully promoted from Nanshi to Jiangsu Province, and even stayed in the central government for a few years.

As the founder of Jinhui, Xu Jinyi, who lives in place of the original owner, can be regarded as a well-known entrepreneur in the country, and it is the goal that countless young people strive for. The legendary love between him and Zhao Chengli for decades has been praised and envied by hundreds of millions of people, and even regarded as the "love of the century" by them.

Xu Jinyi has lived a happy and glorious life in place of the original owner. The score displayed by the game system is very high, and it is more than enough to enter the next world.

When Xu Jinyi woke up again, he was half-squatting behind a small mound.

Probably because the original owner had been squatting for too long, and his legs were extremely sore. Xu Jinyi wanted to stand up and move his muscles and bones, but inadvertently caught a glimpse of a yellow shadow in front of him, and his eyes widened suddenly.

That's a tiger! A hungry tiger!

The belly is shrivelled, the hair is not shiny at all, the upper and lower four fangs are long and hideous in front of the mouth, and the wide and long tongue is like a fan, licking and rolling back when it bends its head, while drinking water, it flashes green. Light, staring fiercely at the river.

No, it couldn't be called a river at all, it could only be regarded as a dirty water puddle five meters square.

Great drought!

Xu Jinyi didn't dare to move at all, his eyes were fixed on the tiger, but his head was spinning rapidly.

Guanna's riverbed is more than ten meters wide and stretches into the distance. Obviously, this river is small and large during the flood season, and it is not a problem to support a few villages. However, it was a severe drought at this time, and the source of the small river had obviously dried up. It is precisely because the terrain here is slightly sunken that this small puddle will remain.

During periods of severe drought, food and drinking water are not only deficient for humans, but also for animals.

Obviously, this evil tiger is both hungry and thirsty, but if it finds the slightest movement by itself, the chance of escaping from its mouth is less than one in ten thousand!

This is the case with Xu Jinyi. The more dangerous the environment, the calmer he is. For example, in the real world, Xu's internal and external troubles, such as the current tiger.

Only one word, wait!

Xu Jinyi kept half-squatting, although his legs were trembling slightly, his breathing was still thin and long, and his brain was still awake and calm.

Suddenly, the hungry tiger seemed to be full, its stubby and powerful limbs jumped vigorously, the whole body rose into the air, and in a moment, it jumped from the puddle to the shore.

The small mound in front of him was only half a meter high, with a cluster of shrubs growing on it, but the shrub had only a few wilted leaves, covering Xu Jinyi not moving at all, just staring at the gap between the leaves. That hungry tiger.

Hungry tiger gradually came this way.

Xu Jinyi's breathing rate became lighter and lighter.

Twenty meters, ten meters, getting closer...

Almost at a distance of less than five meters from Xu Jinyi, Tiger's magnificent body passed him side by step step by step.

Xu Jinyi still squatted on the spot like a sculpture, staring at the yellow body with black stripes only from the corner of his eyes.

Finally, the hungry tiger could not be found even out of the corner of his eyes, Xu Jinyi squatted for another quarter of an hour before slowly turning his head.

There was only a forest with few leaves in sight.

Xu Jinyi blinked and let out a long breath.

It is not advisable to stay here for a long time, but at this time his legs are completely numb, and Xu Jinyi doesn't care about his manners. He leans on the ground with both hands and slowly stands up, gently lifts his legs, and when his consciousness finally recovers, he According to the memory of the original owner, he looked for the mountain road, and walked lightly to the village on the other side of the mountain.

From two towering giant trees not far away, a few voices were faintly heard.

"This villager..."

"Master, my subordinates have been in the army for many years. There are countless people who have killed ten people and hundreds of people by their soldiers. However, if they are hungry, there are less than ten people who are calm and calm."

"Master, at this time it is time to hire people. At the moment, this person has outstanding courage, and if he has a pure and kind nature, he can be used." After a

while, the majestic voice rang out at first, "Go, follow him." When he

finally reached the foot of the mountain, Xu Jinyi was not happy but worried. There were few leaves on the tree at that high place, and the bushes at the foot of the mountain had even the bark peeled off. It looked really shocking! Xu Jinyi turned from the mountain road to the dirt road, found the plot of this world while walking, and read it carefully combined with the memory of the original owner.

Most of the dozens of households in the village are surnamed Li, and this village is called Lijia Village. The original owner was also surnamed Li, and his name was Li Tianci.

This Li Tianci is a widower.

Li Tianci grew up to seventeen years old, obeyed the orders of his parents, and married a Liu family woman from a neighboring village. The following year, Liu family passed away due to dystocia after giving birth to a daughter. Crown's husband depends on each other.

Fortunately, Li Tianci also had a mother. Mother Li took pity on her granddaughter, so she took the granddaughter to her own house to raise her. Li Tianci and Li's father were busy with farm work, and they could maintain the family with a few taels of silver a year.

However, a severe drought this year easily destroyed this rather happy family.

Since the beginning of spring, there has been little rainfall, and the people are carrying buckets with buckets and planting crops. However, from spring to summer, the weather is getting drier and thirstier. There are only a few wells in the village.

Before the villagers could finish their struggles, a plague of locusts came suddenly, and the crops in the fields were eaten clean.

The grains of previous years were almost exhausted by this time, but this year's crops were only left with stalks. The villagers had no hope and sat on their knees in their fields and wept.

But this is still not the end of suffering.

Not long after, the plague broke out and nine out of ten people died.

Li's father and Li's mother disappeared in that plague.

Fortunately, Li Tianci and his daughter Li Yueru survived.

Li's father experienced a severe drought when he was a child, and nearly lost his life due to the severe drought. After that, whenever the weather was dry, he would prepare more food. At the beginning of spring this year, he had the foresight to exchange the little money at home for two carts of grain, secretly dug a cellar in the house with his son, and hid the two carts of grain in the cellar.

In addition to what I harvested last year, and I have eaten frugally, I still have more than half a carload of brown rice and flour left at home, which together are about three or four hundred catties, enough for Li Tianci and his daughter to eat for a year.

But although there is food at home, the two of them can only eat a little porridge every day, not to mention chicken, fish, meat and eggs, not even a leaf of rotten vegetables can be found.

The daughter is Li Tianci's first child and the only bloodline left to him by his deceased wife. Li Tianci regards it as a treasure. But because of this drought, her daughter was not yet two years old, her face was thin and sallow, and she didn't look like a child.

Under his distress, Li Tianci planned to hunt a rabbit and pheasant at the foot of the mountain and make a bowl of broth for his daughter. Therefore, after waiting for his daughter to sleep at noon today, Li Tianci locked the door and entered the mountain alone.

As soon as the locusts pass, the land is bare and the animals are also harmed. Where can there be hares and pheasants at the foot of the mountain? While walking into the mountains, Li Tianci searched for hares, and when he saw Penghao and the like, he pulled it out and planned to finish cooking porridge for his daughter.

Suddenly, there was a living creature moving among the cluttered branches. Li Tianci was refreshed and hurriedly looked forward.

It was a gray hare. Although it was not big, it could get a pound of meat even if it was skinned.

Li Tianci's eyes lit up, but he couldn't make a pounce. He became more and more brave, and unknowingly chased the hare into the deep mountains.

Then I met the hungry tiger.

In the plot, Li Tianci was hiding behind the mound. Originally, the hungry tiger went to the depths of the forest by that road after drinking the water. Although Li Tianci was terrified, he knew how not to make a sound. He held his breath and waited for Hungry Tiger to leave, but his stomach, which had been hungry for a long time, suddenly "cooed" twice at this moment, attracting Hungry Tiger's attention.

Li Tianci couldn't escape in time, was stuffed by a hungry tiger, and died without a whole body. Before he was bitten off by the hungry tiger, he only had time to call out "Yueru".

Because of his strong concern for his daughter, Li Tianci's soul was able to stay in the world and be by his daughter's side.

But what did he see?

He saw his aunt, the most orthodox elder after his daughter lost her father, sold her daughter to a wealthy family surnamed Jiang in the same village for a few catties of grain, and became his son's child bride.

He saw his daughter and Jiang Minshan, the son of a wealthy family, grow up as childhood sweethearts, and agreed to wait for Jiang Minshan to get married on an auspicious day after he passed the imperial examination.

He saw that his daughter was waiting in the Jiang's house. In addition to Jiang Minshan, who was the champion in the exam, there was also Jiang Minshan's wife in the capital, the princess of Yanran, the daughter of King An - Zheng Yanran.

He saw that Jiang Minshan was greedy for his daughter's beauty, but did not dare to offend the county master, so he let his daughter return to Beijing with Jiang Minshan and his wife as a servant. That Zheng Yanran knew that her daughter didn't want to have anything to do with Jiang Minshan anymore, but because she was jealous of her daughter's appearance, she tortured her in every possible way!

When he saw that his daughter was not yet twenty years old, he was tortured like an old woman.

He saw that his daughter was forcibly poured a glass of poisonous wine when she was sick...

Every time Li Tianci stretched out his arms to protect his daughter, the evil hands of those people penetrated his soul again and again, and finally fell to on the daughter.

Finally, the daughter closed her eyes, and was casually wrapped in a worn straw mat by those people and thrown into the mass grave.

His daughter's cold body was casually wrapped in a worn-out straw mat, and two days of slender and black legs were exposed on the straw mat. Li Tianci was distraught. He wanted to put his daughter in the ground for safety, but his trembling hands could not touch her.

Li Tianci's soul continued to wander in this world, and he gradually discovered that Zheng Yanran's mother was actually that bitch Sun Peirou, and it was precisely because she was bewitched by Zheng Yanran that her daughter was killed.

If there is an afterlife, he will definitely accompany his daughter, shield her from the wind and rain, and escort her. In addition, those who have insulted his daughter in this life, aunt Li Chen, Sun Peirou, Zheng Yanran, Jiang Minshan... He will not let any of them go!

After watching the plot and memories, Xu Jinyi was silent for a long time, but the pace of going home was much faster.

In the real world, he once spent half a month in the mountains and met several beasts. It was also because of his experience that when he was avoiding the hungry tiger, he carefully inhaled his belly, lest he would make the slightest sound to alarm the hungry tiger.

Unexpectedly, the original owner lost his life because of this. Leaving an orphan girl, sighing in admiration, and being insulted in every possible way.

The dim scenes in his memory were too depressing, and Xu Jinyi couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor little girl.

"I will avenge you, and I will take good care of your daughter for you." Xu Jinyi looked at the dilapidated courtyard in front of him and swore secretly.