Chapter 38

Xu Jinyi was helped into the car by the driver, and he didn't care about his left leg, which was injured again, let alone the terrifying pain. The motorcycle was left far behind, and he finally let out a long sigh of relief, and slumped down and leaned on the back of the seat.

The big stone blocking his chest finally fell, Xu Jinyi looked down at his left leg, but out of the corner of the eye, he leaned towards the man beside him.

As soon as he got in the car, he found that there was another person sitting in the back seat of the car. At that time, it was too late to observe this person. At this time, he had already gotten rid of Liu Zhuang, and Xu Jinyi calmed down before analyzing the current situation.

The man next to him was very tall, and when Xu Jinyi leaned over, he could only see his firm chin and his strong body leaning lazily on the back of the chair.

"Mr. He, I saw that this little brother was seriously injured, so I carried him up without authorization. After I got to the city, I would call this little brother a car and then take you back to the hotel."

He Chaofeng rubbed his exhaustion . eyes, and an indifferent "um" sounded.

There was a bit of caution in the driver's voice. He also called the man "Mr. He". Presumably the two were the relationship between the boss and the driver.

Xu Jinyi rolled his eyes a few times, and raised his head with a slightly ingratiating smile, "Mr. He, it's all because I didn't see the road clearly, it's none of the driver's business. When you get to the city, let the driver look for you. Just leave it alone, I'll go to the hospital by myself."

There will be an auction in City A tomorrow, my father loves antiques, and He Chaofeng is here this time. He heard that there was a vase from the Song Dynasty in this auction. He wanted to take this vase as a gift for his father's 66th birthday. After negotiating a contract during the day, I came anxiously, but the imperial capital was separated from city A by several hundred kilometers, and the expressway in the middle was blocked due to construction. boundary. The driver was driving in front, and He Chaofeng leaned on his back and squinted over. Who would have thought that the car suddenly stopped and hit someone.

He Chaofeng had been busy all day with work and had been driving for so long, and his body was very tired. Seeing that the driver picked him up without saying hello, his expression was light and a little worried.

But hearing this clear and clear voice, He Chaofeng's face softened, and he only felt that the voice of the young man next to him made him inexplicably comfortable. He turned his head, and when he saw the boy's slightly ingratiating smile, he unconsciously twitched the corners of his mouth. To be honest, this young man was not very good-looking, his face was black and thin, and his facial features were not surprising, but the black eyes were too beautiful, which made He Chaofeng secretly sigh. When he saw the boy's pale lips and his forehead covered with large beads of sweat, He Chaofeng's pupils shrank sharply in a circle, his heart panicked for a moment, and he hurriedly lowered his head to look at the boy's injury. There was already blood on the boy's left leg trousers, and He Chaofeng lifted Xu Jinyi's trousers on his own initiative. The boy's skinny legs were covered with hideous old scars and blood that had been split open again. To be honest, these wounds are really ugly, but when He Chaofeng didn't feel ugly at all, he just regretted that the young man had suffered such a big crime and endured such severe pain. "Does it hurt?" He Chaofeng's fingers trembled slightly, and he hurriedly asked the driver in front, "Where is the medical bag in the car?" The driver took out a medical bag from a small box next to him and handed it to He Chaofeng, "It's all my fault, I forgot. It's over." He Chaofeng didn't have time to pay attention to him, he quickly opened the medical bag with both hands, took out the hemostatic pad and gently pressed it on Xu Jinyi's open wound, moving very gently, as if afraid of hurting the boy. When the blood flow gradually slowed down, He Chaofeng breathed a sigh of relief, then opened a bottle of powdered medicine and gently applied a layer to Xu Jinyi. After the wound was sprinkled with this white powder, the blood flow rate filled down at a speed visible to the naked eye. Xu Jinyi was slightly surprised that this humble bottle of powder had such a miraculous effect! "Thank you!" He raised his face with gratitude.

Xu Jinyi was very fortunate that he had hit the car, and he was even more fortunate that he held the driver and escaped from Liu Zhuang's hands by a close chance.

Without these two people, he must have been tied back to the snake cave by Liu Zhuang at this time, and the situation would not be so serious at that time. These two people could be regarded as his saviours.

Although the boss seemed to be very cold-hearted, in order not to embarrass the driver who saved him, Xu Jinyi still defended the driver.

Unexpectedly, the boss was also very caring, and Xu Jinyi's ups and downs heart instantly warmed up.

He Chaofeng raised his eyes and looked over. Because of his posture, the distance between the boy's face and him was only a fist. He Chaofeng could clearly see every eyelash of the boy, and saw the boy's big eyes sparkling and black. The pupils are full of gratitude.

He Chaofeng's heart suddenly became sour, he raised his hand uncontrollably, and tentatively touched the boy's head.

The young man was shaved, but his hair that was less than two centimeters looked like it had just been fished out of the water. He Chaofeng only touched it lightly, and half of his palm was wet.

"Does it hurt?"

Hearing his boss's soft voice, the driver was greatly surprised and glanced at the rearview mirror involuntarily. At this moment, the boss lowered his head and looked at how gentle and gentle the little brother's expression was. The driver opened his mouth wide, as if he couldn't believe it.

He has been with the boss for five or six years. Who is the boss cold and indifferent to? Even in the face of relatives and friends, he has never been so gentle?

The driver had a cold war and hurriedly focused on driving. The little brother was injured by himself. I wonder if the boss will take anger? He'd better speed up a little bit, atone for his sins and send the little brother to the hospital as soon as possible.

Xu Jinyi shook his head with a smile, revealing two cute little tiger teeth, "It doesn't hurt."

He Chaofeng couldn't bear to expose the young man's lies, but the pity in his heart surged like a tsunami, causing him to frown, "Little Li , hurry up!"

Looking at the boy with his eyes closed, He Chaofeng finally eased his brows, but when his eyes moved to the boy's body, two deep ravines immediately formed between his brows.

Just now, he only cared about the injury on the young man's leg, and only then did he realize that the young man was very thin, and his whole body was thin and small, as if he had been abused.

Although it was the end of spring at this time, the weather in City A was warm and cold, not to mention that it was still early in the morning, and the temperature was even lower in the single digits. However, the teenager was only wearing a worn-out single-shirt and single-pants, and the cuffs and trousers legs were several inches shorter, revealing the teenager's thin wrists and ankles.

He Chaofeng remembered that there was still a blanket in the trunk, and quickly took it out to cover the boy tightly, but even so, He Chaofeng still felt that it was not enough, so he took off his suit jacket three times and two times and put it on the boy's upper body.

"No need." The boy's closed eyes opened, wanting to return the coat to him.

He Chaofeng hurriedly held the boy's wrist, the determination and majesty in his eyes were obvious.

"Thank you." Xu Jinyi bent his lips, and lifted a corner of the wide blanket and put it on He Chaofeng.

He Chaofeng's eyes were bent, and he slept with him next to the boy's body. The figures of the two were unexpectedly harmonious.

The driver entered the urban area of ​​City A, and the driver Xiao Li drove the car to the door of the best orthopaedic hospital in City A according to the navigation.

"I'll carry you down?"

Xu Jinyi knew that his left leg was seriously injured, so he was not hypocritical when he heard the words, nodded towards He Chaofeng and stretched out his arm, "Thank you."

Even in City A, He Chaofeng's reputation is still enough. He did not put the boy on the mobile hospital bed that he had come to greet, but carefully carried Xu Jinyi to the ward prepared for him by the hospital, where the best orthopaedic doctor was already waiting.

"Thank you so much. If you have anything to do, just go first. There are so many doctors and nurses in the hospital." Xu Jinyi stretched out his left leg and saw the doctor cut his trousers to start the examination. He smiled at He Chaofeng and the driver, who had exhausted faces. Wave your hand.

"I..." He Chaofeng wanted to say that I was here to watch you, but he changed his words, "The hotel I booked is far away from here, I might as well rest here for a while, Xiao Li, get off in the car. Get some sleep, the auction is still very early anyway." He Chaofeng lay down on the bed next to him, leaning on his side, watching the doctor examine the boy.

Xiao Li glanced at him in amazement. The hotel is clearly on Xiadao Street not far from here, and you can get there in ten minutes! But seeing the boss already lying on the bed, Xiao Li nodded with a wink, and smiled at Xu Jinyi, "The little brother, I'll go down first, you can call me if you have anything."

"You guys are going to the auction house. Are you going to shoot something or..." Xu Jinyi's eyes lit up when he heard what He Chaofeng told Xiao Li.

"I heard that there will be a vase at this auction. I want to take a look."

Xu Jinyi nodded knowingly, his body paused, and two seconds later, he lowered his head and pulled off the rag bag on his chest, and removed the Buddha statue inside. He took it out and said, "I don't know if this is an old thing. You can take it for me when you go to the auction. If you can sell it, buy it. If you can't sell it, throw it away.

" There was a bulging little thing falling, and it hasn't left since I got in the car. Although He Chaofeng always cherishes the injury on the boy's leg, he is still curious about this little thing that the boy attaches so much to.

Unexpectedly, this unremarkable little thing that was put in a cloth bag by the teenager turned out to be a Buddha statue.

He Chaofeng got out of bed and picked up the Buddha statue, turned it around and looked at it twice, and nodded and praised after a while; "This should be a gilt bronze Buddha statue of the Ming Dynasty. Although the preservation is not very complete, it can be passed down to this day. It's already very valuable."

Seeing the young man Xu just smiled, He Chaofeng didn't see many surprises, so he said the price he had estimated in his mind, "If this Buddha statue is to be auctioned, the price must be above one million."

Xu Jinyi grinned cooperatively, "That would be great."

The single coat on the boy's body was small and worn out, and so was the cloth bag. When he thought about the boy who seemed to be riding a broken bicycle when he met the boy, He Chaofeng judged that the boy should be the child of a poor family in the local city of A, with very poor living conditions. Bitter.

Hearing that the item in his hand is worth millions, if it is other people, he will definitely be very excited, and it is light to dance and dance with joy. But although there was a surprise on the boy's face, it seemed too bland, as if this was an expected number.

He Chaofeng couldn't tell what he felt in his heart. It seemed that he wanted to surprise the teenager, but the teenager was not shocked. It also seemed to be a sense of pride arising from the teenager's indifference...

There were mixed feelings in his heart, but the only thing He Chaofeng didn't have. , is the suspicion of the youth.

An ordinary teenage boy was holding an antique worth several millions. He Chaofeng looked at the pale boy on the hospital bed but didn't say a word, and he didn't think it was strange at all.