Chapter 17

The town where Lijia Village was located was the hardest hit by the plague, and countless people died. For example, in Lijia Village, there are more than 30 families, and less than 20 people survived.

Now that the plague is over, because the number of surviving people is reduced by half, the food is no longer as tight as before, and the mob and bandits are much more settled.

It was because of this that Li Tianci locked his sleeping daughter in the house and planned to try his luck in the mountains.

Xu Jinyi took out the key and pushed in the door. The first thing he did was look at the little girl on the bed.

The girl was sleeping, but there were tears on her sallow little face. She probably woke up in the middle, cried for a while, and then fell back asleep.

Xu Jinyi wiped the little doll's face, and then left the main house lightly, planning to go to the kitchen to make some porridge. This body has been hungry for a long time and the front chest is attached to the back. The girl doll has not eaten all afternoon, so she must be very hungry.

Suddenly turned into a widower with a two-year-old girl, how could Xu Jinyi adapt immediately? But he also knew that he had to be a father to shelter the little girl from the wind and rain.

It's not just because of the game.

Fortunately, in the last different world, Xu Jinyi adhered to Zhao Chengli to learn cooking for a period of time, and he lived in the mountains for half a month, and he also remembered the original owner, even using the stove in the countryside to cook a few bowls of gruel. Should be out of the question.

"Who!" After experiencing the Hungry Tiger incident, Xu Jinyi's nerves were always tense, and when he was panning for rice, his ears stood on end.

Xu Jinyi looked through the crack of the door, there was definitely more than one man standing outside the door, and immediately, his left hand clenched the stick hidden behind him.

At the time of the eventful autumn, Xu Jinyi could not change his face in the face of the tiger, and at this time, he felt a little more uneasy. After all, even though he had studied life-saving boxing for a few years in modern times, he had no chance of winning against these big men, not to mention that there was still a child in the house.

"It bothers little brother. The three of us rushed here. At this time, the sun has set, and we still can't find the inn. Can my little brother take us in for one night?"

"Sorry, it's not convenient at home." After thinking about it, Xu Jinyi added two more sentences, "There should be no one in the courtyard next door, you can stay there for one night."

No one means that the whole family is gone because of the plague.

"The deceased is a big one, and we don't want to disturb his former residence privately. In addition, to be honest, the few of us have been running here, and we have run out of dry food. Please help the little brother."

Before waiting for Xu Jinyi to frown, the other was quite A stern voice came in, "This is a reward."

A yellow block object was thrown in, Xu Jinyi dodged, and when it fell on the ground, he realized that it was a piece of gold.

Xu Jinyi grew up in a pile of gold and silver jewelry, and he knew at a glance that it was not a fake. After the plague, the price of food dropped slightly. According to the size of this piece of gold, it was full of five or two weights, and it was more than enough to buy a few cartons of food.

In this dilapidated yard, two bags of coarse grains were hidden in the cellar, and the widower and children with yellow faces and skinny skin were not worth more than this piece of gold.

So what are they planning to do? Is it really just a one night stay?

Xu Jinyi picked up the small gold ingot on the ground, rubbed his fingers twice inadvertently, and suddenly found that the bottom surface was uneven.

Official Silver.

The current dynasty is called Daqing. Although official silver can also be circulated among the people, but the number is very small, and it is almost exclusively used by the children of officials and even members of the royal family.

Then the identities of these few people -

thinking about it, it is only a few seconds. Xu Jinyi put down the stick behind him and pulled out the latch.

Three burly men. One person enters the door first, and his identity should be the highest, and the other two walk behind the person, obviously guarding.

"Excuse me." The two big men gave a clasped fist, and Xu Jinyi also clasped his fist in return.

"The three of us can eat anything, I'm sorry little brother." One of the subordinates with a beard and a good face laughed, listening to the voice, it was the first person who spoke outside the door just now. .

Xu Jinyi nodded and pointed to the main house where Li's father and Li's mother lived, "You can sleep in that one tonight. There is a quilt in the cabinet. I'll cook."

"Thank you little brother."

There are two big and one small on the stove. The big pot was used to cook rice, and the small Xu Jinyi used it to bake more than a dozen batter pancakes. Although there was no vegetables, the batter was salted, so it could be eaten.

Xu Jinyi gave a wry smile twice, thinking that he was once rich and noble, and then he was spoiled by Zhao Chengli. Now, it is to serve others.

If Zhao Chengli knew about it, he might feel so distressed. Xu Jinyi's hands trembled, and more batter was poured in the pot.

It's useless in many ways, and it's serious to live well now. He can't mess with the few people sitting in the yard at the moment. Including games, Xu Jinyi has lived for a hundred years, so he still doesn't understand the truth of being able to bend and stretch?

There was still a little batter left, and Xu Jinyi was about to bake the last one when the baby girl's cry came from inside the room. Immediately, he didn't care about the batter anymore, he put down the things in his hand, and rushed into the room in three steps.

The big bearded man, smiling and full of beards, was teasing her with the rattle that had been placed beside the girl's pillow.

The girl looked at the whiskers in front of her and cried more and more loudly.

Xu Jinyi hurriedly stepped forward and picked up the girl, learning from the original owner's memory and patting her behind her back. As soon as the child saw the familiar father, he immediately stopped his throat and opened his eyes to the bearded man.

The child is the most beautiful angel in the world, Xu Jinyi hugged the little guy who only drilled into his neck, his heart softened into a puddle of water.

Arms the little guy out of the house, a table has been set up in the yard, and the colder subordinate is carrying food from the kitchen.

The bearded man also hurriedly stepped forward and scooped up a few bowls of rice in a moment. Besides the three of them, there was obviously another bowl left for Xu Jinyi.

Xu Jinyi nodded and sat opposite the master.

The four of them ate silently. Occasionally, there was a girl whimpering twice. Except for Xu Jinyi's gentle coaxing her to eat, it was quite quiet.

Except for a few glances from the owner occasionally.

There is no hostility, but Xu Jinyi is like a beam on his back.

Li Tianci has a good-looking body, tough and clean facial features, and a pair of fox eyes that softened his hard face because he was used to farm work. Apparently, more than ten years later, his daughter inherited his appearance, which made Jiang Minshan still alive despite marrying the county master.

Even if his face is yellow and skinny, this face is one of the best in a hundred, but what Zheng Ronghan is surprised by is not his appearance, but the elegance that Xu Jinyi unconsciously exudes, which is almost the same as those of the powerful in the capital.

Even with the child in his arms, this person's back is still straight, and every movement is pleasing to the eye. Occasionally his eyes turned to their side, there was no joy of getting five taels of gold, and he was not afraid, three points of defense and seven points of alienation.

It doesn't look like a farmer who scrapes food in the fields for a living!

Zheng Ronghan was amazed, remembering the mission of leaving Beijing and the purpose of following this villager, he couldn't help asking, "I don't know what to call it?"

Xu Jinyi looked at the ice-like master, "I'm going to Li Tianci."

" Yes. Studying?" "How

many years have you been studying?" "Do you have

a reputation?"

"I was lucky enough to pass the exam as a scholar."

Li Tianci is the eldest grandson of the Li family. The only grandchild who has ever attended a private school.

He was a god-given talent. At the age of sixteen, Li Tianci took part in the children's examination and was awarded the title of scholar, and then he took part in the general examination, but unfortunately his name fell to Sun Shan. At this time, the two grandfather and grandmother were no longer there. Li's father was at a disadvantage in the division of the family property with his brother, and the family was also struggling. Li Tianci stopped seeking fame and obeyed his parents' orders to marry a wife and have children.

Zheng Ronghan nodded, "Now that the plague is over, the drought is getting worse day by day, and the people are miserable. Can God provide a countermeasure?"

Hearing this, Xu Jinyi's heart moved.

Thinking of the pain that the girl in his arms had suffered, even if the original owner had no desire for revenge, Xu Jinyi couldn't bear it, and wished that those who had bullied her had a thousand times the pain she suffered.

But now he's just a scumbag.

Not to mention that in the future, Sun Peirou, who will be Princess An, and Zheng Yanran, who will be the master of Yanran County, and Jiang Minshan, who is the champion of the Jiang family in the exam, are all helpless.

The word "power" is easy to say and difficult to say. Xu Jinyi was worried about how to start, and this man threw an olive branch.

Looking at his bearing, and thinking about the piece of gold ingot, Xu Jinyi has come to a conclusion.

"Relief for disasters is based on work-for-relief. Immigrants eat food, divert water into drought, and divide and rule them."

"The border war was chaotic the year before, and the treasury is still empty. How can we provide disaster relief?" Zheng Ronghan shook his head with a wry smile on his face. The first battle was a million grains of silver. Although it was a great victory over its neighbors, Daqing also suffered heavy losses.

"There is no silver in the treasury, so the whole country has no silver?"

Zheng Ronghan asked anxiously, "Who has silver?"

"Corrupt officials have silver, and rich households also have silver." Seeing the girl in his arms no longer opened his mouth, Xu Jinyi picked up a piece of coarse cloth towel to give She wiped her mouth before finally taking care of her stomach.

"How to get silver from corrupt officials and rich households?" At this time, Zheng Ronghan had lost his previous coldness and turned to a state of urgency.

"Give them what they need. The most precious thing for corrupt officials is their heads. If they get evidence of their corruption and show the evidence in front of the corrupt officials, they will naturally hand over the silver taels." Xu Jinyi wiped his mouth and continued on, "Scholar In agriculture, industry and commerce, the wealthy households hate low status the most, if they can get the reputation of being a good person rewarded by the government, they will naturally be willing to hand over the silver taels."

Zheng Ronghan patted his palms in admiration, "Very good, very good!" Facing Xu Jinyi, his eyes were already eager as never before. , "Why do immigrants eat?"

So, the two of them asked and answered, and when Zheng Ronghan came back to his senses, an hour had passed, and the little girl had already slept soundly in Xu Jinyi's arms.

Zheng Ronghan felt a little apologetic in his heart, but couldn't bear to leave, so he stood up and cupped his hands in person, "Sir, would you like to help me?"

Xu Jinyi pondered, and only spoke after a while, "I don't know who your Excellency is..."

"I It is King An, Zheng Ronghan, please help me sir."

King An? So you are King An! Xu Jinyi's clenched fist burst into blue veins.