Chapter 41

"I heard that you picked up a child from city a?" At the He family's once-a-week banquet, He Chaofeng's mother-in-law, Jiao Wushuang, sat next to his youngest son, He Chaofeng, and gave him two chopsticks from time to time.

He family ancestors were down-to-earth peasants. Decades ago, He Chaofeng's grandfather participated in the revolution. He followed the chairman to fight the country and made unparalleled contributions. The He family became the upstart of the new China.

Over the past few decades, He Chaofeng's father and brother have followed the old path of their grandfather, and they have all achieved great results. Today, the He family is a family that counts on one hand in the military world and even in the whole of China. Although the He family was already so prominent, He Chaofeng's father and brother were still rough in private, bold, straightforward and informal. Under the influence of these two, the He family did not have any style of eating and sleeping. "What child? How old are you?" The wife only cared about her son, and Mr. He felt distressed. He picked up his wife's favorite dishes and gave her a small bowl. He Chaofeng put down the tableware and wiped his mouth, "That child is about the same age as Xiaotao. I accidentally hit him with my car when I went to city a. I haven't seen him in the hospital in city a for so many days. My parents are probably orphans, I looked pitiful, so I took them over." Xiaotao in He Chaofeng's mouth is the only son of He Chaofeng's brother, who is fifteen years old this year. Jiao Wushuang brought in his grandson, and immediately felt distressed, "Should I take it over, what did the doctor say? There are no sequelae?" "It's been two weeks since the operation, and I'm starting some mild rehabilitation. If there is no sequelae, we have to wait for the next re-examination." "Since the child is an orphan and you took it over again, it is considered a family. When my birthday is in two days, bring the child over and let me take a look." The old man He made a final decision and glared at the younger son while his wife was bowing her head. I don't know if he was complaining that He Chaofeng accidentally bumped into someone, or that He Chaofeng stole his wife's attention as soon as he came. Brother He grabbed his rice bowl and laughed when he heard this, "Dad, do you think it's for the second brother to see his daughter-in-law? Take a look."

"Go, go." Jiao Wushuang glared at the eldest son, "That child is only fifteen years old, in ancient times your second brother could be his father at his age, and besides, that child is a boy! What daughter-in-law? How old are you? He is full of nonsense even at his age."

Brother He raised his hands in a gesture of surrender, and begged his mother for mercy again and again.

He Chaofeng was stunned when he heard his mother's words. He suddenly put down his chopsticks and seemed to want to stand up and refute aloud, but he couldn't say a word for a long time, because he didn't know what was wrong with what his mother said, and he didn't even know. Which sentence to refute.

There seemed to be a lively fish tumbling and churning in his chest, causing his heart to thump, and then his heart transmitted this beat to every corner of his body, especially He Chaofeng's hands, which were trembling and could not hold the bowls and chopsticks. .

This fish seems to have accidentally crushed his bitter gall, and the bile flowed all over his chest, especially the heart, which seemed to have convulsions because he could not bear this extreme bitterness. Painful and sore.

He Chaofeng clutched at his chest, his eyes blank.

What happened to the fifteen-year-old boy, and what happened to his thirty-year-old? In ancient times, how could he be his father at this age? Now it's not ancient times. Couples with a difference of teenage years are all over the street!

What's wrong with boys, he likes boys, can't he? How could the young man... why can't he be his daughter-in-law?

These words rolled over and over in his throat, and He Chaofeng suddenly realized it as if he was in a daze. The sweetness of being with the teenagers these days, and the bitterness and soreness that my mother said just now, the answer is already obvious.

A beam of light suddenly lit up in He Chaofeng's eyes. He lowered his head and took the dish with chopsticks and hurriedly stuffed it into his mouth, blocking the chuckle that was about to overflow.

From bitter to sweet in an instant, it was all because of that young man.

"By the way, Brother Ye came over again this morning and said that he found some news in Ningxia. He heard that the one from the Lanzhou Military Region served as a soldier under your command..."

"Alas." Mr. He put down the tableware and finally The two mouthfuls of rice that he had eaten had obviously lost his appetite, "Why didn't you keep Brother Ye for dinner?"

"Brother Ye's temperament can't be kept." Jiao Wushuang also put down his chopsticks, with a look of sadness on his face.

"Brother Ye has had a hard time. How many times has he sacrificed his old face in front of several old comrades for this eldest grandson? It's only over sixty, and his hair is already gray." Mr. He wiped his face, his voice trembling.

The two old men sighed, and the younger generation did not dare to make a sound, and for a while there was only the sound of the banging of bowls and chopsticks in the hall.

He Chaofeng's chewing speed has slowed down, and he also feels pity for the Ye family.

The Ye family is a real family with a history of hundreds of years. In the last century, when the country was facing internal and external troubles, Father Ye's father abandoned his pen and joined the army. He used the art of warfare to be superb, and successfully guided many battles. His military exploits were even more prominent than that of Father He's father!

However, the achievements of the Ye family have not yet been grasped. A violent revolution is taking place. The Ye family is judged as a landlord because of the identity of the aristocratic family. The father of Ye Ye's father also closed his eyes in the revolution that took ten years.

In the end, the grievances were cleared up, and the ashes of Mr. Ye's father were brought back, and a grand memorial service was held again. The praises of flowing water were sent to the Ye family, and Mr. Ye was also named as a son of a martyr.

But this title is useless to the family that was hit by the revolution. In order to revitalize the family, Mr. Ye joined the army when the leader felt guilty for the Ye family. military exploits.

When Mr. Ye joined the army, Mr. He was a comrade-in-arms who fought with him. The two of them saved each other several times, and they were saved by the other side several times, but their life-threatening friendship had infiltrated their blood. Their bones are joined to bones, and their tendons are joined to tendons, like hands and feet.

With the efforts of Old Master Ye, the Ye family re-entered the top of the military world, and the scenery was not inferior to the He family.

Mrs. Ye injured her body when she had a child, so Mr. Ye and Mrs. Ye had only one son, named Ye Jiaqi. Fortunately, the two were very content and made their only son's education outstanding. At that time, the young Ye Jiaqi and He Chaofeng's brother were also called the second young master of the courtyard, and whoever saw it would give a thumbs up.

Ye Jiaqi and He Big Brother followed their father's old path. Like their father, they also became a pair of good brothers on the battlefield. With the brotherhood of the two elders and the brotherhood of the two juniors, the Ye family and the He family were almost as close as a family in those years.

Then Ye Jiaqi and Big Brother He got married and had children almost at the same time. Before the child was born, the two families also married a pair of dolls with great interest. But what is ironic is that the two dolls are both boys, and the marriage contract is naturally cancelled.

The lives of the two families are almost perfect.

However, the good times didn't last long. Once, Mr. Ye Xingzhi took his five-year-old grandson to the zoo to see the monkeys. In order to have fun, the two of them also threw away the guards who were following behind them and secretly lined up like ordinary people. Enter the venue to buy tickets.

Mr. Ye also bought a handful of peanuts. The grandson stretched out his small hand and took one from him and threw it to the monkey. Watching the monkey peeling the shell flexibly, he jumped up and down with joy. Throw one out and enjoy it.

The grandfather and grandson were having a good time, and the old man Ye glanced at a thief next to him holding a blade and resting the backpack on the shoulders of a girl next to him. The old man Ye had an upright life, so he could let the thief continue? He shouted and asked his grandson to wait in place, then ran over to the thief who was less than five meters away from the grandfather and grandson.

He thought that with just this distance, he would be able to catch the thief by running over in ten seconds. But Mr. Ye forgot that, in addition to the dexterity of the thief's hands, the two legs have also learned the speed because he often escaped, and he himself has already passed the age of knowing the destiny. Can he be compared to a young and strong thief?

From the monkey to the lion, the thief finally stumbled over a passerby who was helping others. Old Master Ye saw that the thief had been caught and ran back to the rockery, but his grandson was no longer there.

The old man Ye stood where the grandfather and grandson used to stand and looked left and right, but he could never find the little grandson in a small military uniform.

In these few minutes, the lively, lovely, healthy and intelligent grandson was never found again. Mr. Ye wished that he could turn back time in these few minutes, but time did not give Mr. Ye any chance to regret, and he always moved forward cruelly.

After losing their grandson, Mr. Ye and Mrs. Ye suffered two serious illnesses in succession. Although the Ye Jiaqi couple did not complain about Mr. Ye directly, they never showed any joy on their faces.

The Ye family is gradually like a mess of sand, and they will only be reunited when they find clues about their grandson.

But again and again hope, again and again disappointment.

The relationship between the Ye family's family has become like that, and the relationship with the He family is not as good as it used to be. The old man Ye rushes about his grandson's affairs every day.

It was not clear whether it was because of shame or embarrassment. Old Master Ye gave up his old face and ran away after finishing his request. Friends who used to be close friends like brothers are now afraid to even stay for dinner.

"Don't say Uncle Ye has white hair, it's Jiaqi. I almost couldn't recognize him when I saw him last time. A forty-year-old has more white hair than black hair, and walks with hunched waists. Really, really..." Brother He's eyes were red, and he couldn't speak any more.

"I'll call Lanzhou right now." Mr. He pushed away the chair and walked to the study, and he did not forget to ask the two brothers on the way, "You two are also helping to find clues, I don't believe it anymore, 1.3 billion people are looking for it. , I can't find Xiao Tianle!"

When he said this, Mr. He wiped his eyes, how could there be 1.3 billion people?