Grumpy

-Description: You and Spencer are together. Spencer is in a grumpy mood, but later you realize why.
-Warnings: Fluffiness, angst
-Word count: 856
-Note: This one, is a little bit based, of one of the stories of a fantastic writer. Especially at the beginning. Credits to:  bookish_writer
________________________

Y/N POV:

It was a sunny day, but not so much for the BAU. We were trying to find out the profile of the unsub. It was really frustrating, since we didn't get new information in a while.

I was sitting at the round table, with Emily, looking in the files. Bloody pictures, were spread on the table.

'This is really frustrating.' Emily said, while she goes trough her hair.

'It really is.' I replied, as suddenly my phone rings.

I took it, to see it was Derek.

'Maybe the others have more information.' I said to Emily, before I put my phone on speaker.

'Hey Derek, I hope you have some good news for us.'

'Nah-uh pretty girl, you need to help us.' he said, while I heard moving in the background.

'You better not calling (Y/N).' I heard Spencer say to Derek.

'What's wrong?' I asked, suddenly a bit worried.

'Ask that to your little Doctor Grumpy. He is the whole time being a pain in the ass.' Derek complained.

'Be nice.' I said, while I gave a confused look at Emily.

'I am not grumpy!' Spencer contradicted.

'(Y/N) please, you need to help me and JJ. He is giving us this attitude the whole time. And, he won't tell us what's bothering him.' Derek sighed.

'Derek, stop!' I hear in the background.

'Put him on the phone.'

'I told him not to call you.' I heard Spencer's voice, now trough the main speaker.

'Hey love, everything okey?' I asked him, sweetly.

'Yeah, of course, Derek is just being stupid.' he snapped.

'Woah, Spence.'

I really was confused, since he barely spoke like that.

'Sweety, what is bothering you? Should I come, so we can talk about it?'

'No, I'm not a baby. Nothing is wrong. We will call you back, if we have more information.' And with that, he hung up.

I was still a little in shock. He never talks like that, definitely not to me. I know that it needs mostly a little time, before he tells me what's wrong. But, he never act like this. A concerned look, formed my face.

'Have you any idea what could possibly be wrong?' I asked Emily.

'Nope.' she answered, also looking a little worried.

'I need to go to him, I'll come back as soon as possible.' I spoke, and walked to the library, where they were.

When I came in, Derek and JJ were clearly happy to see me. I saw Spencer sitting on a chair, with a book in his hands.

'Thank goodness, you're here.' Derek said, relieved.

I nodded, as I went to Spencer.

'You didn't needed to come, nothing is wrong.' he snapped.

'Spence, please. Talk to me. Do you want to go somewhere quiet?'

No answer.

'Spence, please. I'm worried about you.' I begged him.

That did something to him. I knew, that he hated it, when I was worried. He nodded, slightly. I took him to a room, where nobody was.

'Now, tell me. You can tell me anything, love.' I said, as I saw that he began to get a little emotional.

'It's just- It's just my mom.'

My eyes got wide. I clearly didn't saw that coming. I gently took his hands in mine, and began to rub the back of it.

'She is not doing very well.' he spoke, as tears were forming into his eyes.

'Aww, Spence. I'm sorry.' I said, and I pulled him into a tight hug.

He buried his head in my shoulder, while I gently rubbed his back. We all know, that he and Diana had a close band. And, I know that he is often worried about her. The news that she is not doing very well, is just terrible for him.

'It will be alright, love. Diana is a strong woman, she get trough this. Have a little trust.' I spoke, as I gave him little kisses on his head.

He slowly pulled me a little further, to look me into my eyes. He didn't cried, but I saw it took him effort. I slightly stroke his hair out of his face.

'Everything will be okey, love. If you want, we can after the case, ask Hotch a few days off, so we can go visit her.'

He nodded, slightly.

'That would be great. Thank you, (Y/N). I'm so sorry, that I was rude to you. You absolutely didn't deserved that.' he apologized.

'It's okey, I know you don't have it easy now. Do you want that this stays between us, or can the team know?'

'I guess, they can know. At least, I have to give an explanation for my behavior to Derek and JJ.' he replied, and he gave me a soft kiss on my lips.

'Let's get back.' I said, chuckling.