Thanksgiving

-Description: You and Spencer are married. When your family comes over for Thanksgiving, you had another surprise for them.
-Warnings: Fluffiness, pregnant
-Word count: 864
-Note: Happy (late) Thanksgiving! I hope everyone had a great holiday and delicious food! :)
_________________________

Y/N POV:

It was our first Thanksgiving as husband and wife, and I couldn't be more excited. It wasn't only our first Thanksgiving as married couple, but also in our new build house.

It was my first year hosting, and I was beyond stressed out because of the turkey. It needed to be perfect. I was glad, there only came a small amount of people. It gave me less stress, knowing only my parents came. Since Diana has a huge fear of flying, we decided to go visit her next week.

But.

There was something else special about this year. It was our first and last Thanksgiving with just the two of us. Last week, we got the excited news that I was pregnant. Next year, this household would be supplemented with a small baby.

Spencer and I, couldn't wait for our little one to be born, ready to start a family. Speaking of family, I hadn't told anyone from my family yet. The only people who know, was my team. I waited patiently for this day to come, knowing exactly how to tell them.

My husband and I, spend the whole day in the kitchen. The house was beautiful decorated, a brightly Christmas tree, already on its place. We shoved the turkey into the oven, as a sigh left my lips.

'The turkey is going to be fine, my love. It looked really good.' he tried to assure me, while hugging me from behind and resting his head on my shoulder.

'Yeah, that's because I haven't burned it yet.'

'Alright, stop that. It's going to be delicious, I'm sure of it. Now go get ready, while I finish up here.' he gave me a soft kiss, before sending me to the bathroom.

I showered and did my hair and make-up. I changed into a nice, white shirt, with a black dress over it. With long stockings and black boots, I was all ready for my first Thanksgiving as host.

'You look absolutely stunning.' Spencer looked in awe, unable to hide his cute smile.

'Honey, I always look stunning.' I said, jokingly, as I gave him a loving kiss.

His hands wandered over the soft fabric, while my hands were entangled in his messy hair. Before we completely lost ourselves into each other, a knock on the door stopped the heating moment.

'Let's celebrate the holiday.' I whispered in his ear, before completely removing myself from him, walking towards the front door.

'Mom, dad! Happy Thanksgiving!' we all hugged it out, happy to see each other again.

While they took place at the massive table with all kinds of food on it, Spencer went to help me with the turkey.

'Please, be a good turkey. Please, be a good turkey.' I prayed, making the genius chuckle.

I carefully took the turkey out of the oven, examining it. It was perfect. It absolutely looked delicious.

'It's perfect.' my husband confirmed, as a relief fell off of my shoulders. Although, there still was a remaining part of it left. The nerves, I felt, for telling my parents the big news. Of course, Spencer noticed this, placing his hands gently on my cheeks, forcing me to look at him.

'Hey, it's going to be okay. I'm sure, they're thrilled about it.' I slowly nodded, as he took me in a comforting hug.
__________________________

Throughout dinner, everyone complimented me about the delicious food, especially the turkey. I couldn't stop smiling at how it all turned out.

After dinner, we stayed at our seats, talking with each other, having a great time. I gave a look at Spencer, who gave me a reassuring nod.

I stood up, and took a little box from the drawer. I went to sit back, grabbing their attention.

'Mom, dad, since it's Thanksgiving, I wanted to do something fun. I bought us some puzzles to make. We're going to race in teams, who makes the puzzle as fastest, wins.' I explained, handing them the little box.

What they didn't know was that they got a personalized puzzle. When the puzzle is complete, it reveals the text: "Promoted from mom and dad, to grandma and grandpa".

We began puzzling. Spencer and I, on one side of the table, my parents at the other. They were puzzling rather quickly, wanting badly to win this game. However, we were puzzling on a slow pace, looking constantly if they finished yet.

Eventually, they're faces went from pure excitement from winning, to complete shock from reading it. I was nervously fidgeting with my hands, as Spencer rubbed gently my back.

'Are-are you pregnant?' my mom carefully asked, as I gave her a genuine smile.

'Yes.'

They both were quick in mirroring my smile, tears glistering in their eyes. We immediately flew into each others arms, hugging and crying out. All tears of pure happiness.

'Congratulations to the both of you. We can't wait to be grandparents.'