Stupid

-Discription: You and Spencer are together. When two cops said something inappropriate, you felt stupid.
-Warnings: Fluffiness
-Word count: 1029
-Note: Omg! I finally learned to play Chess. And, it's so much fun! Anyways, enjoy reading!
_________________________

Y/N POV:

We had a case today. We just finished giving the profile, as we went back to work. Spencer, David, and me, were left in the police station, trying to work on a geographic profile, and studying the victomology. In the meanwhile, the rest was at the crime scene, and talking to the family.

Suddenly, two cops walked into the room, catching our attention.

'Excuse me, can you explain again why the unsub kills his victims?' one of them asked, as I began speaking.

'Sure, it's because of-'

'I'm sorry, but we heard here was a genius?' the other cutt me off, causing me to shut up immediately.

'Umm, yeah it's because the unsub believes he's doing the right thing. He used to be in the army, and suffers now from trauma. He sees people as his enemies.' Spencer kept his answer short, visibly irritated as well. I saw the guilt in his eyes.

The two cops left, and I was pissed. It's not fair what they did. I was fully capable of answering that question, because I'm good at my job. What they'd said, not only made me pissed, but also insecure. I knew, it was stupid. But, I couldn't help, but felt dumb. I've never considered myself as "smart", most of the time bad at school. But, now I finally found something, I'm good at. It's not fair.

My sad expression, definitely didn't go unnoticed by the others. David giving me a slight pat on the shoulder, while Spencer looked at me with sad eyes.

'I'm sorry, kid.' David spoke, as I nodded.

'It's okay.'

I wanted to go grab some coffee in the breakroom, as a hand grabbed my arm.

'Love, I'm so sorry.' Spencer began, but I shook my head.

'It's okay, Spence. Don't worry about it.' I said, but in reality, it hurts my feelings.

His grip on me looses, as I finally made my way towards the breakroom.
_________________________

Hours flew by, and before I knew it, we all were flying back in the middle of the night. Thanks to a tip line, someone spotted the unsub his car, causing us to catch him sooner. But, I couldn't stop thinking about the conversation, repeating the moment over and over again. Obviously, I did my job, and helped the team catching the unsub, but I was a lot more quiet in the day, only speaking when necessary. Of course, they all noticed. They're profilers after all.

In the meanwhile, almost everyone was asleep on the jet. All exhausted from the case. Spencer was lying on the couch, reading a book, while I was sitting in the four seater, across from Aaron. We just finished playing Poker, as my eyes wandered out the window.

'Are you okay?' my attention went back to the man in suit, looking a bit concerned at me. I gave him a weak smile.

'Just not a good day. What about you?'

'I guess, the same. I just can't wait to see Jack back.' he admitted, looking very tired. I smiled a little.

'Well, only a few hours to go, and you two are reunited again.' he mirrored my previous smile, as the tiredness once again took visibly sight.

'Get some sleep, Hotch.' he nodded, chuckling a bit by noticing his tiredness.

'Alright, but if you want to talk about it, I'm here.' Aaron was like a father figure for me, he would always listen to me.

'Thank you, it's the same for you.' I smiled, genuine, before getting up, and making my way towards Spencer.

His eyes light up, once he saw me, and he closed his book, putting it away. I snuggled against his chest, his large arms protectively around me. He gave me soft kisses on my head, while I hummed contently.

'Love, talk to me.' he whispered into my ear, making me shudder.

'About what?' I asked, nonchalantly.

'You know about what. You've been the whole day quiet, something's clearly bothering you, sweetheart. Talk to me, please?'

His thumb was rubbing the back of my hand, in an attempt to comfort me. I sighed, knowing, I couldn't escape the subject anymore.

'It's just-' I was struggling finding the right words.

'I can't get that conversation out of my head. With those cops. I don't know, I just feel stupid. I mean, look at yourself, Spencer. You are gorgeous, and so smart. It must be boring to be with someone like me.'

It took Spencer a moment to process my previous words. Although, he didn't stopped rubbing gently the back of my hand. I could feel his grip getting more tighter, pressing my body in his.

'Love, where did you get all this? First of all, you are absolutely beautiful, darling. An absolute goddess. Second, I am so sorry you feel that way. What those cops did was absolutely not fair, and you don't deserve that. I felt terrible, and I tried to answer as quick as possible. And, please, never say again that you're stupid, because it just doesn't make sense. (Y/N), you are so smart. And, you're absolutely not boring. I love to talk to you about whatever. I love to do things with you. I just love being with you. I love you, (Y/N).'

His lips found mine, in a passionate kiss. After our lips separate, I looked him deeply in his hazel eyes. He was staring in mine, with the same love and admiration as I do. I snuggled my head further into his chest, cuddling him the best I could.

'Thank you. This means a lot to me. I love you.' I spoke, feeling better.

'Can you read to me?'

'Of course.' once again, his lips found my head, kissing is sweetly, before grabbing his book. He began to read, as I felt my eyes getting heavier every minute. Drifting off to a deep sleep, with my lover protectively by my side.