Beach

-Description: You and Spencer are married. You two have a beautiful daughter, and you all are going on vacation.
-Warnings: Fluffiness, having a child
-Word count: 1177
-Note: Summer break + vacation = heaven. I love it, to travel a little in summer break, so here is a relaxing one shot. I don't think, they do this activity, I write here, in America, but some people do it in my country. Including me, when I was younger. So, enjoy!
_________________________

Y/N POV:

We all deserved vacation. So, that was exactly what we are going to do. It was summer break, so our beautiful 6 year old daughter was home. Spencer and I, took a week off of work, so we could spend some time with her, and go on our deserved vacation.

Spencer knew, how much I loved the beach, so he surprised me with 5 days at Virginia Beach. I was so excited, and so was our daughter.

It was around 3 hours driving, but eventually we made it. We rented a little apartment, perfect for the three of us. As we arrived, our eyes went wide. It was gorgeous. We immediately dropped all our stuff, and went to look around.

'Is this my room, mommy?' (Y/D/N) asked, as we followed her to a cute, little, bedroom.

'Yes, sweetheart, that is going to be your room for a few days.'

She clapped in her hands, from excitement, as she ran further to discover the rest of the place.

'It is beautiful here.' I spoke to my gorgeous husband, who was already looking at me.

'You are prettier.' he admitted, making me blush.

'Shut up!' I hit him playfully on the chest, before capturing my lips with his.

Just as we ended the kiss, the little one ran towards us.

'Are we going to the beach? Please!' she begged, putting her adorable, begging, eyes on.

'Yes, we are. Let's first get you changed.'
_________________________

In no time, we all got changed into some more beach clothes. Spencer and I, took some large towels, to lie on, and also a bag full of buckets and scoops, stuff were (Y/D/N) can play with in the sand. We were ready to go.

We reached the beach, and placed our towels on a nice spot. We all went to sit on the three towels, giving (Y/D/N) her stuff to play with. She began to dig, placing sand in the bucket. Spencer and I, watched in awe, seeing her having fun.

'You know, honey, mommy used to go to the beach every year.' I told her, as she looked up in curiously.

'Really? Every year?' she asked me, while I nodded in confirmation.

'Did you also played with the sand?'

'I did played a lot with the sand, just what you are doing now. But, do you know what I also did?' she shook her head, as I now fully catches her attention. Clearly, that from Spencer as well.

'I always sold flowers. It weren't real flowers, they were made by other children, by me sometimes. They were made of a nice fabric, you could easily break them, but they were so nice decorated, that you rather kept them. If you wanted a flower, you needed to pay for it. But, not with real money, you needed to pay with special shells, with a little cutting edge on.' I searched in the sand, and by my surprise, I found one. It was a surprise for me, since you find them rather closer to the sea.

'Just like this one.' I hold the little shell up, before giving it to
(Y/D/N).

'Were all the flowers the same price?' she asked, playing with the shell.

'No, the more beauty the flower, the more shells you needed to pay.'

'And, what did you do when you got the flowers?'

'I sold them. Probably for a lighty higher price. But, the ones who were really expensive and beautiful, I kept.'

I gave a look around the beach, and again by my surprise, there were still children, selling flowers. Just like I used to do. A smile appeared on my face, as I looked with excitement to our daughter.

'Honey, what do you think? Shall we search for a few shells by the sea, and then buy some flowers?'

Her face immediately light up, as she nodded excitedly.

'Do you want to come with us, Spence?' I asked, as he nodded his head.

We all went to the sea, looking for shells. We left our stuff on the beach, trusting nobody is interested in a few towels and scoops. But, we took our important stuff, like our phones, with us, and also a bucket to place the shells in.

After a while, we found a bunch of them, so we decided to go back. We walked to another child, who was selling her flowers. Spencer and I, squatted down, while (Y/D/N) was looking doubtfully to the flowers.

'Which one do you like?' I whispered in her ear, as she eventually made a choice. She pointed me a flower, a little shy to speak.

'How much is this one?' Spencer asked the slightly older girl, pointing at the flower, (Y/D/N) wants.

'30 shells.'

We then, began to count 30 shells, and placed them in the bucket, the girl handed us. We thanked her, and left with the flower.

'Do you like this one?'

'Yes, I love it!'

'Have you decided yet, if you want to sell it?' I asked her, curious about her answer.

'I want to sell it, to buy other flowers.'

'For how much are you going to sell it?' Spencer asked, as she thought for a moment.

'35.'

'And, that's how you make business.' I lifted my hand for a high five, as she hit my hand, happily.
_________________________

We went with her a few more times, as she eventually began to do it on her own. But, we agreed, she stayed in a specific erea, so she was still in sight. She began to buy and sell flowers, just like I did once. As she was out for buying flowers again, I began to talk to Spencer, never losing sight of our daughter.

'Thank you so much, Spence. I really appreciate it, I know you aren't always a beach man, but I'm really happy to be back here. Thank you, love.' I spoke to him, while sitting on our towels.

'I'm glad, you like it. And, I myself, enjoy this as well. And, that buying and selling flowers activity, is a really good idea. So, she learns how to handle money, and to think first, before buying it.'

'I never really thought about it like that, but I love it, that she is doing the same thing, I did as a child. So much memories are coming back now. I'm really happy, she loves to do this.'

'Me too. I love you, (Y/N).' Spencer spoke, making me smile.

'I love you, Spencer.'