Facts

-Description: You and Spencer are married. You two have a beautiful daughter, who loves hearing some random facts.
-Warnings: Fluffiness, having a child
-Word count: 985
-Note: This story is just sweet and cute. I hope y'all enjoy this!
_________________________

Y/N POV:

It was finally weekend, Spencer and I, just came back from a case. It was pretty early in the evening, but our little girl is supposed to go to bed soon. We try to take more days off, or work part-time, but if we're away, she has on weekdays school, and, my best friend is always there to babysit on her. I can't thank her enough for keeping our daughter safe.

Spencer and I, unlocked the front door, as we got greeted by a very excited (Y/D/N). She ran into my arms, as I lifted her up, and hugged her tight. I planted her head full of kisses, a big smile formed on all of our lips.

'You are finally back!' the little girl exclaimed.

'Yes, we are. I missed you so much!'

'I missed you too!'

After another tight hug, I carefully gave her to Spencer, as the two shared also a sweet hug.

'I missed you, daddy!'

'I missed you, sweetheart.' my heart melted, watching the most important people in my life. My family.

In the meanwhile, I went to my best friend, who was watching them with a soft smile.

'Thank you so much, Mary. I can't thank you enough.' I thanked her, while I gave her a hug.

'It's my pleasure. Besides that, she is the sweetest.'

'Well, I better go now. Have a nice evening.' we pulled apart, as she made her way towards the door.

'Have a good evening.' we all wished her, before she walked away.

I went to sit on the couch, as Spencer placed (Y/D/N) back on the floor.

'I'm going to take a quick shower.' he gave me a kiss on the head, and went to the bathroom.

(Y/D/N), came running towards me, as I lifted her up, and placed her on my lap.

'Mommy, is the earth flat?' she asked me, curious.

'No, honey, the earth a round circle.' I answered, giving another sweet kiss on her head.

'And, what came first? The chicken or the egg?'

Our daughter always asked many questions about whatever pops up in her little head. It's really cute to see. Most of the time, I don't know the answer. But, of course, Spencer did.

'That's really a good question, sweety. Let's ask daddy, when he's back from the shower.'

A little later, Spencer walked back in, with his pajamas already on. He took place next to me, sitting close, so the girl was sitting on both of our laps.

'Our daughter has a good question for you.' I told him, as his eyes light up.

'Oh yeah? What's your question?'

'Daddy, what came first? The chicken or the egg?'

'The egg, because hundreds of millions of years before there were chickens: fish, amphibians and reptiles laid eggs.'

'Cool!'

'Can you tell some facts, please?' she loved to hear his random facts and statistics, just as I do. Most of the time, she remembers them. She always tells them to her classmates and friends.

Spencer's eyes were sparkling, he loves to tell the many facts he remembers. It was adorable.

'Of course! Do you wanna know why horror movies are so successful?' he asked, and (Y/D/N) nodded.

'They prey on our instinctual need to survive. In tribal days, a woman's scream would signal danger and the men would return from hunting to protect their pack. That's why it's always the women and not the men who fall victim to the bogeyman.'

'Horror movies are scary.' she replied, causing me to nod in agreement.

'That's right, honey. They are scary.'

Obviously, (Y/D/N) never watched a horror movie, but once a classmate told her a scary story about one. With the result, she ended asleep in our bed, after experiencing a nightmare and crying from fear.

'Did you know, that when there are birthday candles on the cake, the candles symbolize the light of life. They dispel misfortune and evil.'

While Spencer was telling, I gave a look at the clock. It was bedtime.

'Sweetheart, let daddy tell one more fact, and then it's your bedtime.' she pouted, making sad eyes.

'Remember, you can  ask tomorrow as many questions as you want. Or he can tell you some more facts.' that brought her some joy. She looked with begging eyes to her dad, hoping he would tell one more fact.

'Australia is actually wider than the moon. The moon sits at 3400km in diameter, while Australia's diameter from east to west is almost 4000km.'

'Wow! Can we watch tv?' she asked, hoping we would forget about her bedtime.

'Sorry, little one, but like mommy said, it's bedtime. And, that means, story time!'

Her eyes immediately light up again, loving story timele. She already brushed her teeth, and wore pajamas. We brought her to bed, as we both went to sit on the end of her bed.

'Which book do you want me to read?' Spencer asked, as she thought for a moment.

'That one!' she pointed at a book in the bookcase. It was a new book, we just bought a week ago. We didn't read it to her yet.

Spencer began to tell, while she listened carefully. After the ending of chapter 1, he softly closed the book, putting it back in the bookcase.

'Sweet dreams.' he gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead, and I did the same.

'Sleep tight.'

We saw her eyes getting heavier, before closing completely. We quietly made our way towards the door, turning the light off, so now only her little lamp was shining. We closed the door, gently.