On Edge

-Description: You and Spencer are married. When Spencer was on edge and experienced a meltdown, you were by his side.
-Warnings: Angst, fluffiness, language, Autism Spectrum Disorder (Spencer), meltdown, stimming
-Word count: 859
-Note: Hey y'all, how are you guys doing? This is a heavy subject, so please be respectful about it. But, I'm sure you all are. Remember also that experiencing a meltdown is for everyone different. That being said, I hope you enjoy this comforting one shot.
_________________________

Spencer POV:

I sat in the interrogation room, as Abby Lim sat in front of me, a confident grin plastered on her face. She's the only one who knows where she hid her victims, and for some reason, I'm the only one who she would tell. Of course, this is not easy, meeting her everyday for a week now. Today was the same song.

Only today, I wasn't ready for it. I was overstimulated, and was already on edge. A stubborn unsub, who would constantly tease me, was the last thing I needed.

Abby laughed, her somewhat long nails scraping against the table, making a terrible sound. I winced at it, as suddenly the lights got brighter and the effort to not stim got harder. I took a deep breath, maybe I could make it.

'What? You don't like that?' once again she scraped her nails against the table, causing me to let out a whine and covering my ears.

'I didn't know you were a child, Spencer.' for now the third time she let her nails scrap, tears pricking at my eyes.

I was embarrassed. It was one thing that the team witnessed me in this state, but Abby too? I wasn't able anymore to not stim, rocking now back and fort, as I could feel the control slipping away. I wished, I just could disappear.

'Stop! That's enough!' my wife's voice sound through the room, making Abby only laugh at her. I stood up, flapping my hands in the hope to shake the feeling off. But, it wouldn't go away.

'Everything is going to be okay, Spence.' (Y/N) reassured me.

In the years we've know each other, she learned a lot about my meltdowns and the do's and don'ts. For example, she didn't touched me, and I was more than grateful for that.

'So, is that your caretaker? Does she needs to take care of you like a little child?' she was challenging me, while tears escaped my eyes, and my breathing began to get more uneven. I need to get out of here.

'That's enough, Abby!' my wife called, but before we could close the door, Abby yelled:

'You're so weak, Spencer! Can't even handle a little scraping.' the door was closed, and I couldn't hold back any longer. I ran towards the empty conference room, my wife close behind me.

I sat down on the floor, my hands around my legs, rocking back and fort. I was crying uncontrollably, not being able to hold in my loud sobs. (Y/N) came in and immediately locked the door. She came running towards me, position herself by my side.

'I don't know if you are in the mood for physical contact, but just know that I'm here. Do whatever is best for you.' I contemplated it, but came to the conclusion that I was starving for her cuddles and comfort.

I fell into her arms, trying to get as close as possible, while I buried my face into the crook of her neck, crying. She welcomed my body, her arms wrapped around me, protectively, placing sweet kisses on my head.

'Everything is going to be okay, love. You get through this, it won't last forever, I promise. Please, don't mask around me. You can stim as much as you want, I won't judge you for it. I won't judge you for anything. But, I need you to know that what Abby said was all bullshit. You are definitely not a child, Spencer. And, you are certainly not weak. You're one of the strongest people, I ever met. I know it's hard, but please don't kick your ass and be embarrassed about it. No one's judging you.'

I let the words sink fully in, and eventually, my tears lessened. (Y/N) kept gently caress my hair, while drawing invisible symbols on my arm. I felt at ease again. The words kept going through my mind, as I clenched to my wife's shirt, as if to remind myself, she is not just a beautiful dream. She is real.

'Are you feeling a bit better, sweetheart?' I nodded, not sure if I could speak again. I tried it anyways.

'Only tired.' I whispered, fighting against the exhaustment that overwhelmed me.

'You can sleep soon, I promise.'

'Thank you for everything. You don't know how much you helped me. I love you.'

'I love you, Spence. And, I meant every single word of it. What about, we go home? It's anyways the end of the workday, and you could use all the sleep you can get.'

'Please.'

Not much later, we were both sound and asleep into each others arms.