Santa Claus

-Description: You and Spencer are married. You two have a beautiful son, who experience Christmas.
-Warnings: Fluffiness, having a child
-Word count: 901
-Note: Merry Christmas, everyone! It's my favorite holiday of the year, and I love it! I hope, you all are with your loved ones, with delicious food, and awesome presents. Celebrate this amazing holiday with much love.🎄
_________________________

Y/N POV:

Christmas. It really is the most wonderful time of the year. The beautiful, shining tree, the many decorations and the love and company of friends and family. I mean, how could you not love Christmas?

My husband, our 5 year old, and me, just came back from David's. It became a tradition, having a nice dinner with the rest of the BAU and their loved ones at Christmas Eve. I looked at the clock, seeing it was past (Y/S/N) his bedtime.

'It's bedtime, honey. Do you want daddy to read a story?'

'But, I don't wanna sleep. I want to wait for Santa!' he exclaimed, enthusiastically.

'Buddy, you know he only comes when you're asleep.' Spencer squatted down to be on his eye level, smiling sweetly.

'Why?' the young boy asked, eyes filled with curiosity.

'What about, I'll tell you in bed? Then you can lie down comfortably, and then I will answer all your questions about Santa Claus. Sounds good?' he nodded, in a much happier state now. My heart melted at how Spencer communicated with our son.

'Alright, let's first set the milk and cookies ready for Santa.'

I took the supplies and gave them to (Y/S/N). He carefully placed them by the fireplace, contently looking at it. After that, I changed him in his pajamas and did his night routine. It was only moments later, and our son was laying in bed, ready for his daddy. As soon as Spencer came joining us, he blurred out his first question.

'Why does Santa only come when we're asleep?'

'Because he don't want you to see him. He want the presents to be a surprise.' my husband answered, sitting down on the little bed.

'How can Santa bring presents to everyone in only one night?'

'Well, there are around 2 billion children all over the world. Because there are so many kids, and he only has one night, he needs to deliver 6,100 presens a second. Luckily, children happen to be spread across a wide range of time zones, buying Santa extra time.' the little one looked with pure confusion to his dad, however, I wasn't even surprised anymore how much he searched up to be able to answer our son's questions.

'It's because, Santa has magic.' he added, receiving now an understanding nod.

'How do the reindeer fly? They don't have wings.'

'They are magic reindeer.'

After asking a few more questions, (Y/S/N) got really tired, giving how late it actually already was, and fell asleep. We made it quietly out of his room, closing the door, gently.

We began placing all the presents under the Christmas tree. When we were done, we stood in front of the illuminated tree, while admiring it.

'You know, I love you everyday more and more.' the genius confessed, smiling sweetly at me.

'Getting clingy on me, Reid?' I joked, receiving a chuckle from him.

'Mrs. Reid.' he slightly warned.

'Don't make me put you on the naughty list.' he continued, unable to hide his grin.

'You wouldn't dare.'

'Not if you kiss me right now.'

'Well, I guess, I don't have a choice.' I placed my hands on his cheeks, letting my lips found its way to his. We shared a sweet, loving kiss.

'I love you, Santa.' he smiled at the new nickname, placing his arm over my shoulders.

'I love you, Mrs. Claus.' I placed a kiss on his cheek, before yawning.

'Let's get some sleep. I think, we need it.'

'We definitely need it. He'll probably be up at 5 a.m.
_________________________

The next morning:

'MOMMY! DADDY! WAKE UP, WAKE UP!' we could feel a litte person crawling between us, trying to wake us up. Or at least get a reaction out of us. I could see my husband lying down by my side, pretending to sleep.

'Good morning, sweety.' I yawned, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

'Mommy, why isn't daddy waking up?'

And, just at that moment, the genius grabbed (Y/S/N) and tickled him. The room was filled with laughter of our son, a sound I never get tired hearing.

'SANTA CLAUS CAME! SANTA CLAUS CAME!' he exclaimed, before running to the living room.

'Merry Christmas, darling.'

'Merry Christmas, genius.' I pecked his lips, before we both got out of bed, following (Y/S/N) towards the Christmas tree.

'Can I open a present? Please?'

'Of course, you can.' I answered, Spencer and I, both smiling.

He immediately took one of the presents his name was written on. He tore the wrapping paper off, revealing a box with a racing car on it. There was a whole race track in it, with two cars to race against each other. It's something, he wished for.

'SO COOL! Look what Santa brought me! Daddy, do you want to race with me?'

'Yeah, of course! Let's build it.' I watched my husband squatting down, building together with our son the race track.

Yes, I'd love Christmas.