Chapter Thirty-Six: Echo in the wind (Pt 2 )

2100 HOURS:

The mission was simple, an in, kill and out mission that shouldn't be too hard, added to the fact that we have the cover of night, it makes it so much better on us.

We were moving on foot the the target building, it was quiet and the night patrols around the base were light, making our job easy for mopping up anyone that was left.

Sheila(over radio): Demon 1, this is toc, target has just return home, your clear to carry out the operation.

She said over the radio.

Naruto(over radio): Roger that, moving in now.

My team and I went up the road, taking out the little scouts that were on the dirt road before we reached the gate of the compound.

Naruto: Okay, split up, Santos, Lockett and Harris, go left, Lenihan, Terry and Emlay, come with me on the right, we meet up in the middle at the target building, take out anyone who's here and remember, stay quiet and be on comms, move.

We split up, my side of the team going right while Santos team went left. Moving past the gates and advancing up into the compound, we took out about 5 guards. It was fairly easy to do as we moved pass the dead bodies and went up to the target building to see the other three of the squad.

Naruto(over radio): Toc this is Demon 1, in front of the target building, breaching now.

I said and nodded at Emlay, who placed breaching tape on the door, we all fall back behind cover.

Naruto: Blow it.

I told him.

Emlay: Breaching!

He blew the door and we moved out of cover and went inside the building.

TUU THUD

Santos: Enemy down!

She said and we turned around and saw two more enemy, rushing towards us.

TUU TUUU THUD THUD

Me and Emlay took the two of them down, after they were down, we advance more into the house only to hear the scattering of glass and crying.

Sheila(over radio): all demons, target is on the move on the south side of the building, you need to get to him now!

She yelled over the radio, I looked at the team and nodded at them.

Naruto: Santos go with them, I'll be here, go, now!

I yelled at them and they nodded, going out the window and down to the target while I went to the bedroom next to the room of the house. I went into the room and was immediately blasted with the sounds of crying, it was from a baby.

It was wrapped up in the sheets of the bed and was crying, I put away my gun and walked over to the child, taking her up, since it was a she cause, you know what, I took off my helmet, letting my hair fall out of the bun it was in and some of it went down into her face, which caused her to stop crying as she opened her eyes.

Her eyes were pink, which was a uncommon, no scratch that, rare kind of color in this part of the world, she had brown hair and a round face, which should be expected since she was a baby, but why was she here, who those she belong to?

I was pulled from my thoughts when I felt her pulling my hair, it hurt but not a lot but I let her since she seems to enjoys it.

Santos(over radio): Demon 2 to Toc, target is dead, I repeat, AI-Sato is dead, sending image now.