Chapter Sixty-Eight: Leave No Alive

"Motaritaville is set up and dialing in positions, the paladins are here as well as 10 AVVP-7A1s." 

We were all in the Command Post commonly known to the other members as the TOC-(Tactical Operations Centre). It was around 8:41 PM now, most of the people had gone to sleep and now we were the only ones left awake. 

It was me, Commander Sheila, Captain Price, and Jason. We were having a midnight brief as this was the only time we got to have it since I had just gotten out of the hospital. 

"We have the Paladins set up beside the Howitzers so they can provide extra fire support on the go, now we have Marines placed in camps, here (Points to a clearing on the map east of the village), here(points to a clearing west of the village) and here (points to a clearing south of the village)" 

Mom said, showing me all the different ways she had prepared the men for the attack and the tact map she had created. 

"The camp on the south is a reinforcement, half of the AVVPs are staying there while the other half is here as a way to evacuate should needs be, should anything go wrong, we have the camp to the south as a backup." 

I only nodded at pops as I looked towards the sea area of the map and saw the two ships' figures and pointed at them. 

"And what of the America and Port Royal?" 

I asked, knowing the two ships aren't made for stealth so it would be easy for them to be spotted should the PLR come to the island. 

"We found a way to get them closer to the village, they are 5 miles southwest of the village in a river stream that we have found, the vegetation there is a good camouflage so it hides them well with its big trees and plants." 

Pops told me and I nodded again. 

"Are they able to mobilize fighters on a given notice?" 

"Yes sir they are" 

"Good" 

That was all I said back to the Masterchief, looking over the map and memorizing everything I could that would be important should an invading attempt happen. 

"Alright it seems good, I'll look around tomorrow to see it up close, for now, we hit the hay and wait for them to strike, be prepared." 

"Yes sir" 

They replied and I nodded at them, letting them know they were dismissed, they all walked out, leaving me alone in the tent for a while before I stepped out and went home. 

Home.... I called my old house, where I spent nine years of my life in pain and misery, my home but not anymore, now I'm back with my mother and the one who truly wanted me and not with the ones who threw me away. 

I walk with my hands, looking around the lowly dimly lighted base of my designated home. It was far from the TOC so I made it in just a few minutes. 

"I'm home." 

I acknowledged myself to the others in the house and received nothing back when I said it so I searched and found that everyone was asleep. 

"Guess I was a little late." 

I told myself, smiling as I saw Gabby and Rei asleep on the couch. The both of them were piling on Kurostuchi, I grabbed a blanket and tucked them under it. 

"Sweet dreams you three." 

I whispered and walked back outside the house. 

"I might as well just get something done." 

With that, I went on a little run that just turned into me running around the village a few times, lost in my thoughts. 

Guess I have no time to be soft anymore, I have to toughen up and be the leader everyone expects and not what they want me to be. 

We took out one problem only for any other to surface in a short span of time and this one seems more serious about what they want to do, which is just to kill as many Americans as they can and get it to the public that they did it. 

All just for damn beliefs that some sick sicko put into their heads about immortality, fame, and doing their God's work ... "The work of Allah" they run around and shout every time they bomb innocent people and children. 

"Naruto Honey, you are needed back at the base"

I heard in my head, that it was coming from Shieba, I looked at the phone and could see that it was around 4 in the morning and a message was coming in. 

"Mass of foot mobiles advancing to our position."

That was never good, I turned my run into a sprint to the base and reached there in about 5 minutes. 

What I was met with was the Marines on base running around getting gear and getting ready to roll out on a moment's notice. That's what I want to see. 

I made my way to the TOC in a minute and was met with Commander Warshower, Masterchief Hayes, Warrant Office Perry, Captain Price, Captain Soap, and Sargent Santos.

"What's the situation like?" 

I asked them, settling to stand at the front of the command table as I watched the board with the maps. 

"An overnight patrol  spotted a platoon-size movement of enemy troops heading our way, they will make contact with our artillery at 0647 hours, what are your orders, sir?" 

I looked at my mother and smiled at her, she already knew what I was thinking and what would be the best course of action for this situation. 

"We muster around 25% of our troops and move out, meet them just inside the range of Artillery, and let them have a taste of who they are really messing with, you with me?"

I explained and all I received was yes sir and it made me smile as I nodded at them. 

"Pops, you and the team lead the troops going out, I know I don't need to tell you but no one leaves the killbox alive." 

I told him and he only nodded, knowing that the enemy can't get away in a nation that is proven to be hostile to everything and with the ability to replicate weapons. 

"Yes sir, it'll be done." 

That was all he said before he and Soap walked out the TOC. 

..............................................................

At the end of this chapter, 

I'm alive but school is not letting it be easy to update. 

I'll see you all soon 🚶‍♂️✌️