Chapter Thirty-seven: New Life

7:30AM:

Sheila: Naruto get up, the baby's awake.

I shake him awake on the bed, it was now later in the morning and the baby was awake, not making noise, which I was thankful for but she was refusing to eat.

Naruto: Five ......more minutes

He grumbles, making me sigh in frustration at his behavior.

Sheila: Get up, now!

I pushed him off the bed, making him drop to the floor, he shot up immediately after, eyes widen and red from lack of sleep.

Naruto: What's wrong?

He asked lazily, making me want to smack him in the head but refrain from doing it.

Sheila: The baby's awake and is refusing to eat, so get ready and meet us downstairs, we have to go to base soon.

I told him and walked downstairs, into the kitchen to see the baby on the floor, still playing with the wooden spoon I gave her.

Sheila: Okay little one, let's get you ready to eat, again.

I said and took her up, I placed her to sit on one of the chairs around the dining table but she was a bit too short for it.

Baby: Ahhhhhh

She gurgled, I looked down at her to see that she was playing with my hair with her tiny hands.

Naruto: She has this weird thing about hair, so don't think much about it.

He said, pulling the both of us attention to him, to see that he was dressed in his regular attire, consisting of a blue navy shirt, a dark blue navy pants with combat boots, topped off with his side arm and holster.

Baby: babaaaaaaa!

She exclaimed upon seeing him, her arms were out, ready to be lifted up by him.

Naruto: Morning little one.

He said, reaching her and picked her up, putting her in his arms.

Sheila: Now can you please feed her so that we can leave for the base, we have to be there at about 9, so feed her and get her ready.

I ordered him to do while also cooking breakfast for me and him to eat.

Naruto: Okay, let's go little one.

He went over to the fridge and took out one of her already made bottles and placed it into the microwave to heat it up.

Sheila: Hey, you are going to have to give her a name soon, so think about that.

I told him, it was true, from we got her there was no documentation of her and also no identification or no name in the bag or anywhere to identify her.

Naruto: I know but I don't got one, maybe by the end of the day I have ready for her, till then, it's little one for now.

He informed me, I just nodded watching on how he was interacting with her, making her laugh and entertaining her as well with his hair.

BEEP BEEP BEEEEP

The microwave ringed, making them stop playing as Naruto took  out the bottle and let it cool for a moment, before taking it up, went over to a seat on the dining room table, sat down and placed the nipple of the bottle in her awaiting mouth.

Naruto: So what's so important that we have to be at base in about a hour and half?

He questioned.

Sheila: Well it's a new environment and also a different country, different rules and different people, Task Force 141 as been assigned to a different base for awhile cause of some situation, along with the other squads, so demon Dogs are the only team I have to look good, since I am going to be presenting you guys in front of another Commander, so, here.