Chapter Seventy-Two: The Red Raven (Part 1)

"Now that he has them, what will happen now?" 

Minato asked the commander, She only sighed as she turned her attention to the men and women of the council room. 

"Now he survives, we set up an exfil point 10 miles from his position, he needs to get himself and his team there and call for extraction." 

She told them, this explanation left them speechless, but someone found their voice before the commander's attention could be diverted.

"This is insane, isn't there anything you can do, I mean you have so much personnel and weaponry, you could more than help him out!!!" 

Kushina yelled and it took Sheila everything in her not to just draw her sidearm and shoot the redhead bitch that hurt her baby boy. 

Sheila calmed herself down and turned her attention back to the holo-screen, her eyes showing nothing but worry for her son and team. 

She had a bad feeling about this mission and she wanted to pull him from it, she wanted him by her side and not out in the field but with him being the base commander, she didn't have pull and had to watch as he left in the helicopter. 

The helicopter that was now a burnt mess, the helicopter that he was thrown from. 

"We can't, our jets are grounded because of the recent attack and now that they are within the country's borders, we can't attack guns blazing, we can't use missiles from the Guided Missile Cruiser we have because they are out of range and the only way to get in range would be to sail in the country's waters, further causing more problems." 

She explained and Kushina immediately understood that this was a political mess up should their presence in the land of Lightening be found out by the Raikage. 

"We are only risking sending in a helo to get him out because of the urgency and that he is our commander and we all want to save him but we don't want to go into a war either." 

She told them, her watery eyes now on the room as she was showing her vulnerability to the people who caused her son so much pain. 

"The kid's trained for this, this is his life, he is a sharpshooter and a marksman, these guys don't know a single thing about what is about to happen." 

Price commented, coming in with his headset and turning the screen to the helmet cam on Naruto's head. 

NARUTO'S LOCATION (There is going to be a back-and-forth movement with the scenes as with a movie, I won't indicate it but you will know who is talking) PLAY SONG AT THE TOP

"Last man!" 

Naruto's clone yelled, making him get up and move behind the clone that was carrying Santos in his arms, he got a few steps in before several bullets went whistling past him, making him skid to a stop and turn around on one knee. 

BANG BANG BANG 

He let three rounds off with his AR-10, killing 4 of the enemy behind him, a lesson for those guys on why you shouldn't stand behind one another when a sniper is involved. 

"Naruto is trained and conditioned for any situation that involves a solo mission." 

Price told the room as they watched the young commander's clone run away while he was providing cover fire. 

...

"Move!" 

Naruto yelled at his clones, they went up and ran off as he, from cover started to let off round after round from his 20-round magazine for his AR-10.