Chapter Fifty-Five: Missing Sub Pt 3

COMMANDER UZUAMAKI'S P.O.V: UNDERWATER 
LOCATION: UNKNOWN 

It felt like we were swimming for miles and miles on end looking for this sub, sunlight was piercing the water's surface, limiting our need for flashlights but it was still considerably dark, we were in the ocean. 

I turned towards the east, hearing a large explosion in the water. It seems Demon Dogs did their task, now it is up to us to do ours. 

'That's it!' 

I thought, with that explosion, there is no way any enemy sub in the water can ignore it, especially if said exploded sub belongs to them. 

I held up my hand as a sign to halt in the water and when they all stopped, I pointed to my ear and then towards the vast ocean, letting them know that I was going to try and listen for anything. 

I then commanded them to form a circle around me to keep me covered. Once they did, I closed my eyes and focus on my hearing alone, tuning out any noise that does involve propellers moving in circles. 

I then opened m eyes and as if on instinct, my Rinne-Shargians were active and searching for the propeller noise that I had picked up, a couple of miles away. Being a holder for a tailed beast comes with its perks. 

I pointed at Jason and his squad and then towards the direction I heard the sub going, letting him nod and ordering his squad to follow him. I looked towards 141 and pointed just south of us and held up 2 fingers, after them I then pointed down and held 1 finger up. 

Signaling that they had to swim at least 2 miles and dive down one mile to Ohio. He nodded and commanded the task force to follow him as I went after Jason and Bravo. I fall in the ranks, behind Jason as he leads the way while I was making sure that we are heading in the right direction. 

After swimming for 4 minutes in the salt water, low and behold the aft end of the sub, looking at us and gaining a bit ahead of us. Jason then gave the signal for us to advance fast and we did but we were all exhausted from swimming for so long. 

The water worked against us as we tried to make our way to the sub but the keyword in that statement was tried. 

The sub was moving in its territory, the water. Subs were made to be underwater, to sail underwater and be fast underwater, we weren't, we were in its territory and the Russians know that as well which is why they didn't bother to send a proper capture unit.

They knew we wouldn't risk sending any more assets this route till we have deemed it safe and they know that special forces weren't going to be a problem cause of the water, it was their territory but I am an Uzuamaki, I live for the water. 

Grabbing the pack bomb from Sonny, I took off like a torpedo, using the water to help propel me forward, my charka at the base of my feet, helping in creating a water propeller at the base of my feet and it was used to propel me forward. 

Swimming around the sub's propellers and coming near one of the shaft turbines, I placed the pack bomb on it and activate it. Once I saw the timer going down, I immediately bug out of there and towards where Bravo was situated. 

A few seconds later and there was an explosion, causing the water around it to form a blast wave of water and sent it out but luckily, we were clear of that and weren't affected by it. 

R-"Commander Uzuamaki, this is the USS Ohio, Captain Price has rendezvous with us and we are above the surface, please surface for pick-up" 

The transmission ended and started again, telling me that it was a pre-recorded message and that it only came online when the sub was in the range of our radio signal.