Chapter Sixty-Six: Road to Recovery.

5 DAYS AFTER THE MISSION - SANTOS P.O.V: KONOHA HOSPITAL 

"You seem to be healing up very nicely, it seems whatever Naruto did to you is giving you a second chance at life."

Lady Tsunade told me, her hand glowing green and running up and down my clothed body. It's been a few days since the mission. 

It was a success thanks to Naruto's intervention in providing close air and then losing it and taking them back to the village.

The Russian President was saved and stopped any further conflict, calling off his troops and we did the same, now All troops on the different battlefields were here at the outpost, either in the hospital or out training and enjoying the village. 

As for the man that I love, he was still in a hospital room, he hadn't woken up ever since he had transformed back to his normal self and also hasn't given me any insight as to what he did to me. 

I would have asked Kisara but she was too busy staying at Naruto's side and the others, Kurostuchi, Akiria, and Shiba had all been chipping in to help out with Gabriella and keeping me company. 

"He hasn't shown any signs of waking up yet?" 

I asked the woman again, it was a constant thing, She would come and check up on me and I would in turn get a check-up on how Naruto was doing, So far, she had been keeping me in the dark about the development of his health. 

The woman sighed and took a seat on my bed, a hand on my shoulder as she squeezed it gently. 

"Naruto has shown signs of.... severe PTSD, on the second day of him being in bed, he woke up and screamed his head off, yelling at us to stop his pain, to end his life. With some input from Shiela and Kisara, he had been reliving his more dangerous life-and-death situations. Ever since then, we have been giving him a heavy dosage of tranquilizers to keep him asleep." 

I carefully tried to digest the information given to me and was just extremely worried about Naruto, My near-death experience was the one thing that caused all of this and now I am doing fine but he is still fighting his inner demons all because of me. 

"The only way I see this ending is if Naruto has enough willpower to end his suffering but.... his eyes...." 

She was having trouble explaining it to me and it got me nervous, if it was hard for her to explain this then it was certainly bad. 

"His eyes were filled with so much pain Santos... When I had to look in them I could see it... His desire to be put out of his misery so that he could escape it all." 

I just looked at the white sheets that had been covering me from the coldness of the room. My hands clenched tightly around the sheets as I glared holes in the sheets. 

This damn village did this to him, they gave him PTSD, they gave him nightmares, they ruin his childhood, they took away his innocence at a very young age, they gave him many reminders of his past and now they left him mentally broken.

They all walk around as if they are some Gods or some supernatural beings, taking joy in belittling him, tearing down any walls he had developed to protect himself and they all still go about their day as if the things they did weren't wrong, as if beating on a child was right and Justice. 

What Justice is Naruto unleashing all of that power he had and killing them all? 

"Santos, I know this is a lot to digest, and am sorry for springing it out of the blues like that but his condition was kept secret in fear of what the civilians would do when they heard the news." 

That made a growl escape my lips as I looked out the window, seeing Gabby with little Rei and Akiria behind them. 

"So after taking all of that beating and torture, coming back to save their pathetic lives twice they still treat him like the village's Pariah. If it wasn't for the people that he loves living here, Commander Shiela would have dropped a nuke on this village the same day she had heard of his treatment."