Chapter Fifty-Six: Cigar Of Surprises

Okay Guys Kedar here, so updates are going to be slower than usual, I have CXC exams to be doing between now and the 16 of June, It is similar in fact to the USA's SATs for highschoolers but with this, it determines my future in whatever career I want in my life But that won't stop me from doing some chapters in secret from my parents, hope you enjoy this one. 

........................................................................................NARUTO'S P.O.V: 7:30 AM, THE COAST OF THE FIRE NATION BORDER AND EARTH NATION:

The other teams and I greatly appreciated the early morning air since our long dive under the sea a day ago. 

That only adds better to the morning since the sub had reported no external damages that could hinder its movement in the water or compromise it. 

We were now on a long trek back to the leaf village or to us, our FOB. The sub and the destroyer make their own way back to the States for a debrief. 

"So we not going to talk about the fact that you called Lily on a secured satellite phone?"

Santos asked me and I just shrugged at her, finding the sky more interested than her question. The clouds above were a bit entertaining as they seem to be battling within the deep blue of the sky. 

"I missed her and wanted to talk to her for a while, she might be a bit talkative but she is my best friend and I have a right to miss her, do I not?" 

I had deterred my eyes from the clouds and was now looking at the smiling face of Santos.

"You do but it's the first time I heard you say you miss her, normally you would complain about her talking and now here you are missing it, what's up with you Commander Uzumaki?" 

She had asked, a layer of mischief in her tone that I did not miss at all, she was trying to get some rise out of me since I had fallen asleep with Lily on the phone instead of seeking her out at night like I usually do. 

"Well I spent a good amount of time with her to know that her usual talking was a part of my routine and I miss it, a lot of things I did in the States I can't do here had messed up my routine and I was just being a friend since I left her all alone." 

I smiled thinking back to Lily's and my time back in high school. The petit little 5'6 girl was the school's infamous cute nerd that would turn heads with her mini-skirt collections but none had dared to make a move because of her standing relationship with the school's principal. 

He was her dad and he had known the inner workings of his school enough to know that the nerds of his school were used and abused by the other students who think they are above them but none did that to Lily out of fear of the principal's fury and mine as well. 

The first time I had met the loud and very talkative girl was when a Jock had the genius idea to try and get in her panties at a party one time. The only reason I was even there was because my mother thought it is a good idea for me to experience teenage life instead of working every time.

He had repeatedly tried to snake his hand up Lily's skirt, wanting to cup her ass and I heard her telling him to stop and leave her alone but the idea thought no one had heard him and continued in his plan but I had effectively snapped his wrist in two. 

 I mean he calls himself a Jock but he was weak, I just casually snap it like I was snapping a tiny twig in my hands. He was rushed to the hospital after that and he was kicked off the team of whatever sport he was playing since I didn't follow much on the school's athletics. 

From then Lily had chosen to ally herself with me, seeing as I was not attracted to any of the genders within the school, or in her words "Asexually towards everyone", is how she puts it.