Chapter Fifty-Eight: Movement On Hold

"... Sir the prisoner also said something about the President not being involved in all of this, this is a coup by Minister Dourov." 

I finished my debrief with the man. I was standing in my office with him on a hologram screen showing him sitting at his desk. 

"This seems to go with the other sources we have so far, the Russian President hasn't been seen since he visited Dourov's compound." 

I saw the look on his face, which just screamed conflict and fear. It seems that some things were going on back home in the States and I could only guess it was something that was about me. 

"What happened?"

I asked, not about the briefing now or anything else relating to professionalism, I was just here now as a concerned grandson, adopted or not, he was still family. With a sigh and a few moments later, he chose to talk. 

"I guess you already know about how the population thinks you are a new heartless aspect for our new ambitions, to sum it up, we are evil in their eyes and you are innocent and were taken from your family by us when you were younger to train you in the ways of the military, as a new kind of soldier, a new weapon with unmoving loyalty to the one who took him."

I stayed silent, knowing that he wasn't finished with his explanation as yet and he still hadn't gotten to the part that is bothering him as yet. 

"We had sorted that out by releasing part of your origin, your Japanese heritage but not exactly where, when that had calmed down, groups of people calling themselves your saviors are trying very hard to shut down the program and to return you back to the population to live a normal life." 

"That in itself was a troubling time but it was squash as well but then something came up." 

He said and the holo screen showed pictures of Lily and my maths teacher. 

"Those two were here every day looking for an audience with you but were denied any entire on base until they were caught trying to sneak into the base but were apprehended with no harm done to them but to keep public face and to not let them start up a new rumor, they are currently on board a C-17 on route to your location, they had left base at around 0600 this morning." 

He informed me, showing a GPS ping on the plane as it travels across the ocean. 

"Sir is that a wise decision to make, we are in an active war zone and the new information makes it even harder to beat the enemy, sir"  

I tried to reason with him but he stood by his decision, guess with more age, you not only grow wiser but grow more stubborn in nature. 

"I'll suspend all advancement of our forces pending a new decision from the President on what he wants to do about this situation, as of now, I am suspending your involvement in this war and you will be contacted on a new mission package should there be one for you and your team." 

"Understood sir." 

He nodded his acknowledgment and then ended the call. I picked up my holo device and went to the mission hall to give the news.

After about 5 minutes everyone was there and they were awaiting what I had to say. The meeting was only for the team leaders of each specific marine group, but for the special forces, the entire team was required. 

"Morning Commander" 

They were all on their feet and were saluting me after making a visual confirmation of my presence within the room and I saluted them as well. 

"At ease, you guys can sit." 

They did as told while I took another sit in front of the room. 

"So what's the latest from up top boss?"