Chapter Seventy-Three: The Red Raven (Part2)

"N...Ni-san!!" 

Naruto turned around with wide eyes and a shocked expression to see his little sister there with him. 

He halted his advance and quickly returned to his little sister to see if she was alright. Narumi had just witnessed her brother giving long-ranged headshots from her secured position between two rocks. 

She hadn't seen it before but she knew that her brother had killed people, her father killed people and so did their mother but this was the first time in her life that she witnessed a blood bath like this. 

Naruto took a knee in front of his sister and held onto her by her shoulders, forcing her to look at him. 

"How on earth are you even here Narumi?"

He asked his sister softly, his hands glowing green as he ran a diagnostic jutsu to see if she was injured. 

"I-I followed your helicopter on foot, I wanted to help" 

She explained, her gaze being pointed downward so as not to see the look of disappointment or anger on her brother's face. Narumi had gotten worried about her brother since he hadn't been by to see her or her sister. 

When she learned of the mission he was going on and that she wouldn't spend time with him, she had the idea to follow the helicopter from the ground. 

"Narumi..." 

He sighed and just pulled his little sister in a hug, Narumi melted into the embrace and wrapped her arms around her brother, being mindful of all his gear. 

"Listen Narumi, the sooner you accept it the sooner you will thrive as a shinobi. For our life choices, we kill people, I killed them because I was either ordered to or was forced to engage them, it doesn't make it better but it would either be me or them and I choose to live, to see you and your sister again." 

He told her, breaking the hug and lifting her head by her chin so that she could look at him. She saw a small smile on his face as a little twinkle of joy beamed in his blue eyes. 

"You are going to be in trouble for this and I don't want to send you back home, not when PLR soldiers are roaming this forest, so stick with me and do as I do and do as I say, okay?" 

Narumi nodded, smiling as she gave her brother a hug and a kiss on the cheek. 

"Alright, let's move." 

He told her getting up, he strapped his helmet on his head and began to move forward again, this time Narumi was in front of him. 

"So what are we doing now Nii-san?" 

She asked her violet eyes twinkling in curiosity as she had watched her brother separate from his clone army and was now traveling alone, deeper in the free. 

"I'm carrying out my original objective Chiquita, I'm going to find out what happened to Echo company." 

He then took Narumi by the shoulder, stopping her in her tracks. The redhead looked at her brother in confusion as she followed where his gaze was directed. 

"Narumi, get behind the rock and don't move." 

She followed his instructions and hid behind two giant boulders as Naruto took a kneeling position behind a tree, his AR-10 raised and the safety off as he looked down range through the scope. 

Down below, on the mountain foot was the missing squad that he was searching for, they were all on their knees, hands clasped behind their heads as a line of enemy combatants all pointed AK-47s in their face.