Chapter Seventy-One: The Ghost Within

A week had passed since Naruto's breakdown and the entire base had a different story about what caused it and why. 

Some say it's because his wife left him, others say that his girlfriends found out about his wife, and some think that he was getting demoted and other things keep on passing by. 

It became nerve-shattering for Shiela as she wanted to scream at them and defend her son's honor, his rank, and his image but she chose to keep her cool. 

It had been a hard week for her as her son wasn't very fond of letting her do the work she needed to do to keep the base running, not that she would complain about it as she liked the clinginess he was showing. 

As the week went on, contact with anybody but the few who had seen him break down was minimal. He had only seen Gabby and Rei once for the week. 

He was ashamed to be seen the way he was at the moment and the women were trying their best to alleviate the pain and embarrassment he was feeling and they were getting positive results. 

The blonde was eating again, he was able to be alone for a while without breaking down and crying. 

He has started to train again, he did solo training rather than doing it with his team, something that they were working on, they wanted to get him to socialize with people. 

As for Obito, he was in a dark cell being pressed for information on his desertion and recent attack. 

With the SAS being the SAS, they weren't bound by the morals and code of those of the SEAL team or Marines so the interrogation was led by Price and Ghost.

To say the least, Obito had never endured this much torture in his life, never had he undergone so much pain in such a short time by people who weren't as powerful as him. 

He was close to breaking and that he would as his next session with Price and Ghost wouldn't be one to call memorable. 

"Minato, I believe we should leave Naruto and stop the press of trying to control him, this won't end well, we've seen what seven of them could do to 200 jonins, this time there are over ten thousand of them, this is not something we can win if they take our continuous pressuring the wrong way." 

The third explained to the Hokage who was currently stone-faced cold as he was trying his best to think of a way to protect his people from an uncontrollable Jinchuriki. 

"What do you mean, we can take them, we should just march our troops in there and take the damn demon and kill him ourselves and kill anyone who gets in our way!!!"

A random civilian councilman shouted and like the mindless sheep the rest are, they all agreed with the one who had shouted, chanting for the death of the demon. 

"I would advise against any acts of aggression made towards my son or my troops, you are all playing a serious fucking game of fuck around and find out and trust me, you don't want to find out." 

Sheila said, entering the room with full tactical gear on, her sleeves for her shirt were rolled up to show the tattoos she had on her arms, her right arm on her sidearm as her hair was in a loose ponytail.