Chapter Sixty-Four: Air Demon

"Any available air support in the area come in." 

The pilot of the A-10 in the air radio went off, he then flip a switch, turning on the radio channel. 

"Air Demon in the A.O," 

Was all that was heard before the company of marines on the ground heard the sounds of the aircraft engines overhead. 

"Air Dermon, Alpha 1, we have a large advance of tanks coming our way, moving northeast and southeast of our position, our location is marked by green smoke." 

The CO of the company said over the radio, it went silent for a while until they heard the voice of the pilot once again. 

"Copy tangoes, am I cleared for engagement?" 

He asked. 

"You are cleared hot Air Demon." 

Was the pilot's reply who wasted no time, turning his stick to the left, he rolled the plane down, diving at a 20-degree angle, he leveled out the plane and saw the column line of tanks. 

"Engaging" 

Was the only thing the Marines heard over the radio before they all heard the explosions of tanks being destroyed and the Gatling gun of the A-10 coming alive. 

BBBBBRRRRRTTTTT      BOOOM

BBBBBRRRRRTTTTT       BOOOM

BBBBBRRRRRTTTTT        BOOOM

BBBBBRRRRRTTTTT       BOOOM

BBBBBRRRRRTTTTT     BOOOM 

Was all they heard every five seconds after the last one, the conical sound was followed by the heavenly sounds of explosions. 

At the outpost, the Marines had to keep their heads down, the explosions and bullets flying becoming a danger to them should they move out of cover, but to them all, it was a sight to them. 

Never had they seen or heard in this case, a single A-10 destroying what would be called 2 battalions of T-72 tanks. 

"Heads down, bombs away." 

With that statement, all Marines in the outpost hit the ground as they heard the fall of bombs. 

HHHRRRRRRRRR BOOOM 

HHHRRRRRRRRR BOOOM 

HHHRRRRRRRRR BOOOM

HHHRRRRRRRRR BOOOM

HHHRRRRRRRRR BOOOM 

Five bombs were dropped in 4 seconds and with that came multiple explosions of what the Marines could only hope to be the enemy's tanks. 

"Alpha 1, Air Demon, all tanks down, you boys take care, Air Demon bugging out." 

And with that, they all heard the iconic engines of the A-10 fly overhead, going east of their position. 

The Marines came out of hiding and looked around at the destruction caused by the lone pilot. 

Tanks with bullet holes the size of human fists, tanks with their turrets missing, and some with fire blazing inside. 

"I'm glad that pilot is on our side." 

Was all one Marine could say, the entire outpost agreeing with him, no way was anyone going to believe them when they said a lone A-10 pilot took out 2 tank battalions. 

TO THE PILOT

"Boss, outpost Charlie is requesting an escort mission, their outpost is being hit hard by enemy air units."