Chapter 37: Annual meeting

In the snowy night, pedestrians speeded up their pace unconsciously and rushed home to meet their families. No one noticed the boys and girls hugging each other on the street.

Jibai struggled a bit, but he held him tighter.

Jibai finally gave up. She slowly raised her hand and grabbed the corner of Xie Sui's clothes. The black windbreaker had a very hard texture and wrinkled in her hand.

He smelled of menthol tobacco.

"Xie Sui, it's all right."

The corners of her eyes were slightly red, and her fine eyelashes were glued together with tears, looking pitiful.

He has a low voice: "Who is bullying you?"

Jibai looked up at him, his eyes were deep, and his truncated eyebrows smelled fierce.

She shook her head, sat back on the bench, carefully took out the evening dress, and showed it to Xie Sui: "The skirt is broken."

Xie Sui sat next to her, stretched out his hand to squint the skirt, and his expression was obviously unbelievable: "Just because of this torn skirt, are you sitting on the street crying on the 30th year?"

Ji Bai stubbornly snatched the cloth from his hand and muttered: "This is not a torn dress, this is the evening dress my grandma gave me."

Xie Sui really didn't understand the girl's thinking now. It's a big deal, and it's worth crying. He almost thought she had experienced some major event of life and death.

Xie Sui looked at the beautiful shining dress and said relaxedly: "If you break it, just make it up, don't shed tears about this kind of thing."

Her tears are precious, at least, to him, they are extremely precious.

"You don't understand." Jibai bit her lip: "I have been preparing for the annual meeting for a long time, and the skirt is broken, so I can't go."

"Must wear this? Can I change one?"

"I don't have a second evening dress that can be replaced." Jibai gently stroked the glittering gilt thread on the lace yarn, and said softly: "This is my only dress."

Xie Sui looked at the loss in her eyes, feeling very uncomfortable. He got up and packed up the skirt, and put it into the box: "Let's go."

Jibai looked at him in surprise: "Where to go?"

"Find a place to sew the skirt."

Jibai looked at the time of the phone and sighed: "It's too late."

Xie Sui extended his hand towards her: "It's not the last minute, everything is still too late."

Ji Bai looked down at his generous palm and patted it open gently, finally smiling at the corner of his mouth: "Hmm!"

**

Jibai followed Xie Sui through the tortuous alley.

The surrounding buildings are brightly lit, and occasionally you can hear the crackling firecrackers and the crisp laughter of children coming from the end of the alley.

"Xie Sui, where are you going?"

Xie Suibu stepped very far and walked fast. Jibai wore high heels with a dress and some of them couldn't keep up with him.

After walking for a while, he would stop and wait for her: "If you linger further, you will really be too late."

Jibai's feet were almost worn out, she touched her heels and chased Xie Zui obliquely.