chapter 1-him

Ashley's p.o.v

It was ending soon, my last year of high school. One month left. I am at a party held by the Midnight pack. Usually my pack, the Stargazers, don't mix but my dad persisted I come. He just wants me to find my mate before I leave for college so I won't go in the end. He says I'm too stubborn for my own good, but I just don't want to be tied down so early in my life; I am only 17. The noise is turned up loud for the humans to hear over the noise of bodies being pushed together and their voices that yell. Everyone thinks female werewolves are going extinct because of the werewolf hunters, but the truth is that the Stargazer pack used to hide them all. Only the Midnight Pack knew this also. The hunters put a higher prize, in the form of money, on them. Eventually the hunters gave up and so we released the trance we had over the females tonight; that is probably why this party is getting extremely wild, the females feel the need for their human selves to go crazy. The Stargazers were said to have fallen from the stars when a lonely Alpha wolf gazed up at the stars, wanting his Luna. When she fell to the Earth, she came with other-worldly powers; so we also have special powers just like her. Mine is telekinesis. When I become fully Alpha, er Luna, I will obtain mind powers. I smell the Midnight Pack before I see them. It's nice that they finally showed up at their own party. I scurry to find my best friends, Jasmyn and Theodore.  I usually don't run from another future Alpha, but I didn't want to pick a fight on someone else's territory. If we were all on my territory, then the tables would be completely turned; I wouldn't mind fighting some sissy boy then. Jasmyn and Theodore are mates. When she turned 16, she found out since you can only find your mate when you both are 16 or older. Even if we have all been friends since we were 5, when they saw each other in this new light, it became a whole new story. They are completely adorable together. They have about a 7 inch difference in height between them but them being mates, they have the same maple brown eye color. Only Alphas have different colors, but when the two complete their bond, their eyes will mix color when they are in the wolf form for the very first time after mating. I can't find Theo and Jaz.  They are probably shoving a tongue down the other's throat in a dark and smelly corner. They seem to not have a care any more about where they are, as long as Jaz has Theo and Theo has Jaz. I could have used the pack link to find their bodies, but decide not to. They deserve a break away from me and every thing else in reality. Instead I decide to change into my wolf who is a pure white, like untouched snow. I am about to run when I hear a snap to my left side. I turn to look at the intruder. I smell something on this very specific male now in front of me. He smells like wild flowers and honey. I have never in all my years alive smelt any thing like this on any man, woman, child, or beast before now. My mind clicks right into place. He has finally found me, my mate really and truly found me.